Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
ATHLETIC ASSHOLES
Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES

(09-06-2016 11:08 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Well, Gunnar at least you're no longer claiming that since his childhood didn't fit your stereotype of the "black experience", Kaepernick's not not qualified to protest in silence.

But, I'd hardly call someone whose mother gave him up, had to learn very young to handle the confusion and stares that go along with having parents of a different race, studied and practiced hard in Reno to be able to earn a college scholarship... as having grown up "privileged". He earned the privilege of wealth. But, none of that has anything to do with his qualifications to stand up (or sit down) for a cause he believes in.

Anyway, you and MS might be right about his motives. But, for now, your speculation/opinion is just that and I don't have any reason to weigh the musings of you two more heavily than Kaepernick's own statements.
Doesn't much matter what you think HoTD, his career is in the toilet over this, so maybe he can call upon his BLM crew to help him pay his bills. hah

09-06-2016 11:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

Well, of course that's true -- what I think matters no more or less than what you think in this case.

I don't think anything other than Kaepernick has a right to protest and it doesn't offend me in any way. I just put more weight into what Kaepernick has himself told us are his motives than what you have told us are his motives.

"He's not black enough, he's too privileged, he only wants attention, this protest has thrown his career in the toilet, he's gonna blow all his millions and be broke, I like some black athletes better than him and wouldn't mind a tad if THEY protested black oppression..." None of what you expressed amounts to a compelling argument that Kaepernick must be insincere in his stated beliefs and motives, and a total loser to boot.

I read an opinion piece about Kaepernick last night which did make a compelling argument. Kareem makes good sense to me on this one, as he almost always does. https://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery...d995dc624e

09-06-2016 11:49 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(09-06-2016 11:49 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Well, of course that's true -- what I think matters no more or less than what you think in this case.

I don't think anything other than Kaepernick has a right to protest and it doesn't offend me in any way. I just put more weight into what Kaepernick has himself told us are his motives than what you have told us are his motives.

"He's not black enough, he's too privileged, he only wants attention, this protest has thrown his career in the toilet, he's gonna blow all his millions and be broke, I like some black athletes better than him and wouldn't mind a tad if THEY protested black oppression..." None of what you expressed amounts to a compelling argument that Kaepernick must be insincere in his stated beliefs and motives, and a total loser to boot.

I read an opinion piece about Kaepernick last night which did make a compelling argument. Kareem makes good sense to me on this one, as he almost always does. https://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery...d995dc624e
Blah, blah, blah. You done now? Kaepernick is. hah

09-06-2016 12:06 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I'm not done with Kaepernick. I'll wait to see what happens.

If this marks the end of Kaepernick's career, he was successful in making enough to last for life doing what he loved for a few years. You sound resentful that HE was able to accomplish that and like you wish ill upon him. Which, again, says way more about you than him or me.

So, yeah, now I'm done responding to your predictable crap on this one.

09-06-2016 12:28 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I don't think Kaepernick is an asshole for sitting out the anthem in protest on the job, but since the discussion began in this thread, I'm posting the update here.

[Image: 38B3D65700000578-3802707-image-a-21_1474584440897.jpg]

--Kaepernick has earned the Time Magazine cover
--He was not cut by the 49ers
--His jersey is the number one seller
--He's the least popular NFL player according to polls (much more liked by black fans than white ones), but he continues to assert that the issue is much bigger than football or himself
--He's donated $1 million to the cause
--He's effectively brought the racial (in)justice discussion into national and world forums
- He's garnered the support of many more athletes than he had when he first started protesting
--And, following the police killings of Terence Crutcher and Keith Scott, Piers Morgan and Jerry Rice are now supporting Kaepernick after previously criticizing him.

09-23-2016 01:29 PM

BlueTiki Offline
Sincerity Faker

Piers Morgan supporting Kaepernick is like Bill Cosby supporting GHB.

09-23-2016 03:52 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Piers can suck my dick.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
09-23-2016 04:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

I hoped you both would read this thread when I tossed in Piers.

Piers made a big deal today about how he may have been hasty in criticizing Kaepernick, how he now sees the error of his original assessment, and how he can now essentially support Kaepernick.

I actually like it when people gain new perspective and can admit that they may have been mistaken. For that, good on Piers.

He's so self-important and annoying though. He probably figures Kaepernick can finally sleep at night and stop worrying so much about racial injustice and killings now that he's accomplished a more important feat; winning the approval of one of the greatest minds and most respected figures of our time, Mr. Piers Morgan. Sarcastic

09-23-2016 04:12 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

http://wpri.com/2016/10/24/coach-fired-t...ball-game/

I totally expected this would happen in Texas, but RI?

10-27-2016 12:02 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

(09-23-2016 04:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Piers can suck my dick.

Slurp, Slurp!

10-27-2016 07:26 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Wipe yur chin.

10-28-2016 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

[Image: 40EA963A00000578-4552628-Tiger_Woods_was...364597.jpg]

I almost didn't recognize Tiger Woods when I first saw the mug shot. He was arrested for DUI in Jupiter, Florida this morning and has since bailed out.

Woods was never charged back in 2009 when he was reportedly intoxicated and ran into a tree after fighting with his wife, which led to the serial cheating scandal getting massive media attention.

He hasn't played in major tournaments in two years due to a back injury, but recently underwent fusion surgery and said he was feeling better than he has in years.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...d-DUI.html

05-29-2017 12:16 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Woooo. I thought it was just another loser before I started reading.

I thought it was hilarious when his ex chased him down the driveway with one of his clubs. Still do!

05-29-2017 12:57 PM

Carsman Offline
Geriatric star & Bad Mocker

The Tiger needs his "cap" and "million dollar smile", to be recognizable! hah

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
05-29-2017 01:20 PM