Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
My problem is...........
Yeah. Blue cheese is another problem for me. :( I love it....and the dressing.
Havarti is yummy too.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
Baba gnoush. Now that is really something.
What us that aussie? I've heard of it but never looked into it to find out.
(03-26-2014, 08:26 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: What us that aussie? I've heard of it but never looked into it to find out.

It's an eggplant dip. They sell it at my grocery store pre-made next to the hummus. I only tried it once and it was pretty good, I'm sure it would be a lot better homemade though.
Ohhhh. I've not jumped on the hummus bandwagon yet. I'm a Lil hesitant to try it. I'm 46 and never tried eggplant either...
(03-26-2014, 08:59 AM)JsMom Wrote: Did I mention, I hate blue cheese, as much as, cars hates snakes?

Yes, I do HATE SNAKES, but I would eat blue cheese, before eating SNAKE. (I HATE SNAKES) hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Wildflower, I am a picky eater, hate fast food, a bit of food snob, etc.
Hummus dip is delish, but u should find some tahini butter to mix with garbanzo beans, plenty of garlic, and lemon juice for really good dip. I am probably leaving something out here. I rarely eat frozen dinners cuz I think they taste like shit, but I found a frozen entre made by
Michael Angelo and it is a really good brand when you don't feel like cooking. Do try eggplant parmesan....they sell it in family size and one portion sizes.....think you will like it....
yes homemade is best, and eggplant is one of the ingredients. Best with arabic bread. It is very more-ish.
Love,love sliced eggplant dipped in egg and milfk mixture, then floured and FRIED .
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Grilled Rattlesnake is actually really good. I was surprised. I would definitely eat it again. Smiley_emoticons_smile
I'm a very picky/healthy Eater too. I've roasted my own chickpeas before (great healthy snack) and really liked them. Don't know what my hang up is. Lol guess I'll jump.off the deep end and get some. I'll also try the eggplant you suggested, blueberrySmiley_emoticons_smile where would I find tahini butter?
I wonder if I could grow eggplants around here. Never tried it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Will you have at least 2 months of nighttime temps around 70?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-27-2014, 10:25 AM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: Grilled Rattlesnake is actually really good. I was surprised. I would definitely eat it again. Smiley_emoticons_smile
I'm a very picky/healthy Eater too. I've roasted my own chickpeas before (great healthy snack) and really liked them. Don't know what my hang up is. Lol guess I'll jump.off the deep end and get some. I'll also try the eggplant you suggested, blueberrySmiley_emoticons_smile where would I find tahini butter?

I once had smoked eel, (SNAKE like) and only one bite, it was so discusting, I could not get the taste of it out of my mouth for "two"days! Smiley_emoticons_kotz
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

wildflower, back in the 80's, I bought tahini butter in health food stores and honestly haven't made it since, because my family prefers other dips (guacamole mostly),but I would think Whole Foods, or someplace like that would carry it. I know regular grocery stores do not carry it as I have looked. I don't even think Trader Joe's carries it.
Maybe look it up on internet in your local area...it has same consistency as peanut butter....very good..
OTD, I used to fry my eggplant, but I had to let it sit after salting to get rid of excess moisture and I also added grated parmesan cheese. I also like zucchini done this way....you can even slice and bake them in oven. Add olive oil, some basil or whatever and a bit of shredded
cheese of your choice. bake until browned. hmmmm... I feel I should be in another thread.....P.S. I don't cook anymore, but it used to be my favorite thing to do. my son grew up eating frog legs, fried rabbit,
etc. never tasted rattlesnake but had neighbors once who went to Oklahoma every year to rattlesnake roundup and they loved the meat. Oh, back to hummus; you need to put chick peas and tahini butter in food processor or blender to puree.
Anywhere that sells middle eastern type groceries/foods will have it.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(03-27-2014, 04:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Will you have at least 2 months of nighttime temps around 70?

Yup...........I think. July/August
(03-27-2014, 08:00 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: wildflower, back in the 80's, I bought tahini butter in health food stores and honestly haven't made it since, because my family prefers other dips (guacamole mostly),but I would think Whole Foods, or someplace like that would carry it. I know regular grocery stores do not carry it as I have looked. I don't even think Trader Joe's carries it.
Maybe look it up on internet in your local area...it has same consistency as peanut butter....very good..
OTD, I used to fry my eggplant, but I had to let it sit after salting to get rid of excess moisture and I also added grated parmesan cheese. I also like zucchini done this way....you can even slice and bake them in oven. Add olive oil, some basil or whatever and a bit of shredded
cheese of your choice. bake until browned. hmmmm... I feel I should be in another thread.....P.S. I don't cook anymore, but it used to be my favorite thing to do. my son grew up eating frog legs, fried rabbit,
etc. never tasted rattlesnake but had neighbors once who went to Oklahoma every year to rattlesnake roundup and they loved the meat. Oh, back to hummus; you need to put chick peas and tahini butter in food processor or blender to puree.

You chatterbox! hah And I mean that in the nicest way bitch. Frog legs.......geez. I'm wondering how to clean them but I guess chopping off their legs and tossing their still hopping leftovers into the pond would be OK if I was Hornpouting. Its still cold so it doesn't bug me but I'm thinking about it....oh yeah.
They sell Tahini at Publix in the international food aisle, it's next to the middle eastern stuff in between the Chinese and Mexican stuff. I think Publix is only in the south, but I would think other major chain stores would carry it too. Tahini is just mechanically hulled sesame seeds, but it has like 210 calories for two teaspoons. You might want to go sparingly on it if you're a fat ass.

My husband and son like frog legs, but I don't have the guts to try it. Just give me cheese, bread and olives. And a big scoop of tahini. I don't care about my ass spreading to the size of Texas.
Wildflower, you can get tahini butter on Amazon......Maggot, haha, yes, I can babble on and on for sure; I just need to get back on my meds, turdface.....
It is just sad, I tell you, that you can't go to the local IGA and pick up fresh frog legs, rabbit, etc. like you could do back in 60's...and it is all because of our fast-food crazed society. I don't recommend your local pond or little bunny rabbits hopping around in your yard. Just drive through your local fast food joint and order a burger. Cheers...[/i]
(03-28-2014, 04:22 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Maggot, haha, yes, I can babble on and on for sure; I just need to get back on my meds, turdface.....

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]