Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
(08-30-2017, 04:10 PM)Duchess Wrote: I've noticed that same look on many of the senior's faces and I've seen a lot of bravery from them as well.

There is a chemical plant down there, Arkema Inc. I think it's called. I read that the chemicals in the plant will degrade and create a fire/explosion in the coming days and the CEO says there is nothing they can do about it because of the flooding.

There are so many repercussions associated with a severe natural disaster; it boggles the mind.

It's easy to see why top military leaders consider climate change one of the most serious threats to national security. Whether one believes the degree of climate change is fully, partially, or not-at-all stimulated by humans...our politicians need to put a top priority on infrastructure and disaster planning / funding, in my opinion.

I feel bad for everyone caught up in Harvey, especially those 25,000 to 40,000 people who left New Orleans for Houston when Katrina hit and permanently resettled in and around Houston. They lost everything 12 years ago, rebuilt, and some of them now face losing everything again. :(

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by HairOfTheDog - 08-30-2017, 06:05 PM