Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
I saw Florida's Governor Scott addressing hurricane/storm preparedness this morning.

"I want everybody to understand the importance of this. This is bigger than Andrew," Scott said in an interview from Tallahassee today with ABC News' "Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts. "This could be worse."

Scott, who declared a statewide emergency earlier this week, urged Floridians to be "aggressive" in preparing for the storm because it's still unclear where Irma, currently a Category 5 storm, will impact. Possible targets are Ft. Meyers, Naples and Miami, the governor said.

"We don't know exactly where this is going to hit," he said. "It sure looks like it's going to bear down right in the middle of Florida."

Florida officials are working to ensure retailers around the state are stocked up on food, water and gas as the storm approaches.

"We don't see any widespread shortages and we don't believe that we're going to have them right now," Scott said on "GMA" this morning. "I'm asking everybody as you get prepared, three days of water per person, three days of food. Take enough but take only what you need, don't take more."

As the hurricane inches closer to Florida, Scott said there will be more mandatory evacuation orders issued around the state. The governor urged Floridians to heed these warnings.

"We can rebuild your home. We can't rebuild your life," he said. "Prepare and take care of your family."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hurricane-irma-...d=49647730

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by HairOfTheDog - 09-06-2017, 11:33 AM