Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
(10-30-2019, 01:26 PM)Duchess Wrote: I turned to look at the TV as I walked by and saw the horses running down the street with flames in the background. Have wildfires out there always been this frequent & bad? I feel so sorry for the people who are losing everything  :(

I still think about the fire last year that killed so many in their cars as they were trying to flee. I think about how scared they must of been. My God.

Wildfires have been getting more frequent, more devastating and more costly in California over the last three decades.

They typically occur at the end of the long dry summers and, in many case, human activity provides the igniting spark. More people moving into high risk areas is one of the reasons the frequency has increased.

Another reason for increased frequency and damage is that they start and spread more easily as the environment has become more flammable, with the state growing hotter and increasingly subject to prolonged droughts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by HairOfTheDog - 10-30-2019, 01:39 PM