Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
(03-26-2023, 05:58 PM)Duchess Wrote: Terrible, awful weather in the deep south. Tornadoes are hell, absolutely terrifying and deadly. I've never been hit dead on, but I have been in the vicinity of them and they are scary enough to make me be petrified whenever I get warnings. Some of you have seen me crying the blues about them and when they are around I don't take my eyes off the radar.

Once I was in my grandmas 7th floor apartment in Wichita and they were having watches and warnings going off, so we were watching the news ticker and they said there was a touch down spotted right near us. I went over to the window to see and just that minute a funnel came down in the parking lot, real little but enough to shove the cars around, and tracked right across the lot. About that time the sudden change in pressure made the whole window just...bend, and I realized maybe standing by a window in a tornado not one of my better ideas lol. It dissipated right after that, as many of them do. Scariest part of that was how really small the funnel looked but still had some power to it. Made me respect the big ones a whole lot more...
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by Donovan - 08-11-2023, 08:35 AM