Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is this racist?
My neighborhood is a sea of colors and I don't have the same negative experience or impression as you do, Biggie.
Assimilation used to be the norm, around here not so much.

I never saw an adult black man outside of television until I went to college and I surely never saw any 'Ricans or Mexicans until I moved away from home.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I've lived in all sorts of neighborhoods good and bad and worse, with all sorts of races in all sorts of ratios. None have exclusive claim to good or bad behavior, and all are equally capable of committing crimes. Only the reactions to getting caught ever seemed distinctly different in my experience. Dealing as security for a retail store, it was very common for whites who got caught to cry and plead from being scared, blacks to act hard and full of bravado from being scared, and the Mexicans, especially migrant workers, were very nonchalant and fearless about the process. With them there was no fear or disdain of authority, just a dismissal of sorts. "You caught me today but not tomorrow."
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Jesus. The drama between and within the Bundy militia men and the counter patriot protesters who disagree with the occupation is like a Real Housewives show.

Name calling, pissing contests, competing for media attention... Story: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...der_s.html

The not funny part is that a couple of these guys appear to be very mentally unstable.

This is marine Jon Ritzheimer. He led an armed anti-Islam rally at a Mosque in Arizona last year and then went into full meltdown mode when he received backlash. He blamed the media, while also lamenting that CNN and FOX haven't called him. Here he is 7 months ago ranting.

Here he is on his way to join the Bundy militia in Oregon.

Man. I would not put a gun in his hands and feel comfortable having him on my team. Even if you support his cause, the dude is clearly on the edge, in my opinion. He needs help.

And he's not even the one the veterans patriot group is trying to have kicked out of the occupation because, they claim, he's suicidal -- that would be Ryan Payne, a militia leader and spokesperson for Cliven Bundy at the armed standoff in 2014.

...and maybe one day he will go off and people will cry & wring their hands while saying "but, but, but, we didn't think he'd do anything like this". 52

Here's your sign, you stupid fuckers.
(01-09-2016, 06:08 AM)Duchess Wrote: ...and maybe one day he will go off and people will cry & wring their hands while saying "but, but, but, we didn't think he'd do anything like this". 52

Here's your sign, you stupid fuckers.

He's got one person trying to get him out of what the Bundy band of occupants refer to as their 'compound'.

Meet John Hildinger. He's part of the patriot militia community, has extreme anti-Obama views, just got out of jail on a firearms charge, and he is a friend of Ritzheimer, who he loves and admires for his military service.

He's calling out leaders of the Oregon occupation who he says have long criminal records, have 'stolen valor' by lying about having served in the military, and who are using a homeless vet with PTSD to spark a deadly showdown. He pleads for Ritzheimer, a true veteran, to consider returning to his young family.

I don't think the Bundys are going to succeed in bringing all these militias into a united national movement; they're a mess with all types of in-fighting and conflicting goals. The ones that oppose provoking "kill or die" stand-offs and putting women and children at the scenes have all denounced the Oregon occupation.

LEs' strategy of standing back seems to be working.

Are you still following any of this Adub?
Yep, the armed occupation of the bird sanctuary still has my attention.

The Oregonian gives a what you need to know today article. I read it.

I'm leaning toward maggot's perspective, however, I do not see this ending well at all.

Ammon al Bundy thinks he is going to walk away a free man, with no legal consequences. I'm waiting on that. He will walk away alive, I believe, unless one of his cohorts go all sanctuary on him. The 3%ers are there now making a buffer zone around the refuge. The fire lookout tower is still looking armed and dangerous. There are women and children coming and going. And pizza and snacks. The native americans evidently sent him a pallet of canned chinook salmon. That looked good. But, evidently he doesn't feel like he has gotten enough attention yet.
Speaking of fire towers, I climbed one last year at Itasca State Park.

My 8 & 7 year old were unfazed, but I'm telling you, with the wind blowing at around 15-20 mph, it felt like that damn thing was going down.

It didn't help that I had read a sign right before climbing that said, "6 person maximum", putting the thought in my head that it could tip over at any moment.
(01-09-2016, 05:49 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Speaking of fire towers, I climbed one last year at Itasca State Park.

My 8 & 7 year old were unfazed, but I'm telling you, with the wind blowing at around 15-20 mph, it felt like that damn thing was going down.

It didn't help that I had read a sign right before climbing that said, "6 person maximum", putting the thought in my head that it could tip over at any moment.

Can you imagine one being taken over by armed militants? That in itself is criminal. Worthy of a fucking felony. And yet 8 days later, there they are with their sniper rifles.

Back in the 80s, I worked forestry in the Sierra Nevada. I lived and worked at Shuteye Peak on and off for two fire seasons. Good memories. And it was a respite from working fire lines. Just living thru the lightening strikes will forever be etched on my mind.
(01-09-2016, 05:12 PM)Adub Wrote: Yep, the armed occupation of the bird sanctuary still has my attention.

The Oregonian gives a what you need to know today article. I read it.

There's a lot of detailed news coverage there; big local story.

(01-09-2016, 05:12 PM)Adub Wrote: I'm leaning toward maggot's perspective, however, I do not see this ending well at all.

Maggot's perspective that LE hasn't made a physical move towards the militia occupiers because it's so cold?

I don't have a strong hunch about how this will end; lots of variables. I hope it ends bloodless, but I won't be surprised if the Bundy militia implodes violently or violently clashes with one of the counter militia groups at the site. Right now, that seems more likely to me than this ending with an armed stand-off between the Bundy militia and LE.
I heard LE's plan was just to wait them out (basically until the media and everybody else got bored) and they disband voluntarily for lack of getting even one thing done.

I think that makes sense but unfortunately the locals in the area don't feel like being so patient. They're causing a stir which I'm afraid will lead to a premature course of action.
Commando Cunt Queen

I'm not a blood thirsty mongrel but this is bullshit.
(01-10-2016, 02:39 AM)username Wrote: I heard LE's plan was just to wait them out (basically until the media and everybody else got bored) and they disband voluntarily for lack of getting even one thing done.

I think that's probably accurate. But, as you noted, if the outcry from the Burns community to have the Bundy militia tossed gets loud enough, LE is gonna have to take some sort of action.

Otherwise, it's essentially negotiating or giving in to terrorists. Why should the locals get fucked over just because the Bundy militia come into their area to issue threats and demands to law enforcement and illegally occupy government property?

Anyway, I don't know if boredom will do the militias at the Oregon sanctuary in, but I read a couple of days ago that John Joe Gray, who has been engaged in the longest running anti-government stand-off, is no longer a wanted man.
[Image: 2FEE4AE400000578-3391359-image-a-63_1452313587466.jpg]

^ John Joe Gray was pulled over in 2000. He was carrying a pistol without a permit. When the cop tried to detain him, Gray resisted and bit the cop.

Gray refused to show up to court and has stayed on his 47-acre Texas ranch ever since, with his children and other family members patrolling the perimeter with pistols in case big brother shows up.

Gray sent a note to LE back when this started; he told them if they showed up to serve a warrant or arrest him, they'd better bring body bags. He told the media that he'd kill LE as well, because he only follows 'God's Law' and will fight back against tyranny.

LE knew the family was heavily-armed and, since Gray was on his own property and not threatening anyone there, decided it wasn't worth any bloodshed to attempt to bring him in.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...nding.html

Now, 15 years later, the D.A. has just left office and quietly dropped the charges on the way out the door because, basically, no one really gives a shit anymore. I don't know if John Joe is still 'holed up' on his property and whether it's still being patrolled by his clan though, JUST IN CASE!!
[Image: Chocolate-Hazelnut-Stuffed-Donut-Holes-r...Tell-1.jpg]

*ahem* Not that I care where you post in Mock but are you in the wrong thread? I once got lost in here while fucked up on NyQuil.
Looks racist to me.
[Image: funbratt-3434fll.jpg]