Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LIFELONG ABUSE
I think it will be tough to convict the sons if it can be shown that the parents kept them isolated from the outside world and knew about the incest but didn't intervene or advise the boys that what they were doing was wrong. That gives defense attorneys a lot with which to work.

Hard to believe that the parents, at their ages, were also never socialized and didn't know any differently. I'd be surprised if they weren't found criminally responsible, no matter what happens with the sons.

The girl was isolated too, according to what's known now. Goes to figure she had no baseline to gauge "normal" either. Doesn't appear she knew any different, or maybe she did and wasn't empowered to voice her complaints/questions until her brother opened the door. Hope she's okay.

Sad and bizarre. This is a case that those who oppose home-schooling will certainly latch onto, IMO. While I believe, based on what I've read, that most parents who choose to home school do so because they feel they can offer a better education than the school system, there is no doubt that some keep their kids outta school because they don't want them exposed to society nor aware/concerned about what is normal and acceptable outside of a controlled environment.

Messages In This Thread
LIFELONG ABUSE - by Duchess - 05-14-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: LIFELONG ABUSE - by Duchess - 05-14-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: LIFELONG ABUSE - by ramseycat - 05-14-2014, 05:57 PM
RE: LIFELONG ABUSE - by Duchess - 05-14-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: LIFELONG ABUSE - by SIXFOOTERsez - 05-14-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: LIFELONG ABUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-14-2014, 06:36 PM
RE: LIFELONG ABUSE - by Duchess - 05-14-2014, 06:45 PM
RE: LIFELONG ABUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2014, 10:01 AM