Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NICE AND HONEST -- GOOD SHIT
I'd assume immediately that the driver would be losing his job -- that wouldn't be a consideration for me anyway. I think he should lose his job.

I can't say 100% what I'd do like some others here can. But, having thought it over, I'm pretty confident I'd feel some temptation and work through that quickly -- ultimately deciding to do what Joe did and return the money in full.
I'm not saying I wouldn't be tempted. Of course I would. But I couldn't keep it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-31-2014, 08:41 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I'm not saying I wouldn't be tempted. Of course I would. But I couldn't keep it.

It's easy for me to answer "what ifs?" when I've been in a similar situation, but sometimes more difficult to do that honestly, with a high degree of certainty, when it's a circumstance completely unique.

Joe is a recovering meth-addict in rehab and he and his wife are deep in debt. I think one of the reasons the story captivated me is because of his clarity/priorities in contemplating what to do when faced with such a temptation.

I hope he's successful in building a healthier life for himself and his family and that the $5k reward helps.
Do I have the option of touching it, giving it a good fondle, and maybe possibly even having some good hot sweaty sex all over it prior to returning it?

I'm just sayin!

I too like Duchess have the conflicting voices; though the bad one seems to shout much louder than the other. Hell I hear them arguing about letting some asswipe over on the freeway.

I would turn it in, mostly because if the Karma train comes this way crapping out the equivalent would totally suck (or blow).
Here's the thing ChicagoBorn.

Your intentions are pure and you fully intend to return the money.

But, you let your devilish side convince you to fondle the goods and deposit bodily fluids all over it.

Then, right in the middle of your play time, BAM!!!!!!!!, SWAT comes busting through the door, guns drawn, cuffs a slappin'. The Brinks driver saw you cop the goods from his rear-view mirror and make a dash. To save his own ass and job, he called PD and said you stole it from him and reported your location. You've been fingered (and fingered for a heist, too).

"I only borrowed it for a while to fulfill my kinky fantasies. I was gonna turn it in. I found it on the ground. I DID NOT MOLEST THAT MONEY!! I'm being framed, I tell ya!" -- ChicagoBorn's final testimony before being sentenced to 5 to 15 for sexual molestation of government property, thievery, and perjury. Prison

Your lover gets off with a one year suspended sentence on indecent exposure charges for testifying against you (she's dating Hondo now, btw).

Karma's a crafty and fickle bitch sometimes.

But, if you wanna take the risk and literally roll in the money before turning it in, it's your call. Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya?
I would have it spent before the bag hit the pavement.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
What if the karma train is giving you $125,000 for all the good shit you've done in the past? The extenuating circumstances in this case are:

1) It's a money security company. They have insurance to replace the money they've lost to pay the original owner of the dough.
B) The driver should lose his job whether you return the money or not. That's a colossal mistake that won't be overlooked.
III) I believe the legal obligation is to take it to the police department. If there's no markings on the bag and the company doesn't claim it within a certain period of time, the property reverts to your possession. I'm not a cop myself, so Idunno details like whether they'd put legwork into finding the owner or if the responsibility is on the owner to find them.

I'm guessing the guy in the story knew who left the bag there and contacted them directly, but I'd personally be real conflicted as well. I might consider the ol' '125 thou on black!' and if I win, return the original directly and keep the profit, lose, 'what money? Do you see 125,000 bucks in my possession?" But more likely I'd turn it in to the authorities and hope the Brinks driver covered up the loss or the company was too stupid to claim it.
I would be worried someone would see me pick it up. I would have to do it fast, maybe race by, open my door and scoop it up in one fluid motion, but with my luck I would run over my own hand.
(06-11-2014, 10:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Here's the thing ChicagoBorn.

Your intentions are pure and you fully intend to return the money.

But, you let your devilish side convince you to fondle the goods and deposit bodily fluids all over it.

Then, right in the middle of your play time, BAM!!!!!!!!, SWAT comes busting through the door, guns drawn, cuffs a slappin'. The Brinks driver saw you cop the goods from his rear-view mirror and make a dash. To save his own ass and job, he called PD and said you stole it from him and reported your location. You've been fingered (and fingered for a heist, too).

"I only borrowed it for a while to fulfill my kinky fantasies. I was gonna turn it in. I found it on the ground. I DID NOT MOLEST THAT MONEY!! I'm being framed, I tell ya!" -- ChicagoBorn's final testimony before being sentenced to 5 to 15 for sexual molestation of government property, thievery, and perjury. Prison

Your lover gets off with a one year suspended sentence on indecent exposure charges for testifying against you (she's dating Hondo now, btw).

Karma's a crafty and fickle bitch sometimes.

But, if you wanna take the risk and literally roll in the money before turning it in, it's your call. Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya?

[Image: 29.gif]

Lucky?? Hmmmmmp. ... I get to molest $125k, have sex and now I also get fingered by a complete stranger.... what's unlucky about that? *snicker*

So, do ya think declaring "Bucket List" would be an adequate defense?

Ok......Ok..... I'd return it unsoiled. But I still liked HotD'S version better!
This is an honestly nice story out of Georgia.

[Image: 2937152900000578-3104242-image-a-7_1433037046883.jpg]

Hooters' waitress Mariana Villarreal and frequent customer Don Thomas barely know each other, but the sympathetic server recently lost her grandmother to kidney failure and said she felt inspired to help the loyal customer who'd just lost both of his kidneys to cancer.

When she heard Thomas talking about his plight, she offered him one of her kidneys. The kidney was a perfect match and Friday's surgery went well. They're both recovering.

Villarreal hopes the story will inspire more people to donate kidneys to those in need; a person can live a normal life with one healthy kidney.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/.../28123695/
I would but with my luck the one I have left will croak on me.
I might do something like that if I didn't have kids. I think my kids would be pissed if I gave my kidney to some old geezer at the local Hooters and then dropped dead.
Dude, that guy looks creepy.
I know, that poor girl probably gave her kidney to a pedophile.
pedophiles eat at Chuck-e-cheese, not Hooters. He's a regular dirty old man.
He might be creepy, IDK. But he seems alright to me.

He's a local who's been going there with his wife for 10 years and the staff seem to like them.

Anyway, he was probably gonna die soon without the transplant, so I think it's a really generous thing that Villarreal did.

I'd like to be able to do something so lovely & generous as that for someone.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-01-2015, 05:50 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'd like to be able to do something so lovely & generous as that for someone.

It's really admirable and I'm glad the transplant was successful.

[Image: Mariana-Villarrea.jpg]

I'm not afraid of surgery and would like to be able to do something to help someone out in a major way like that too.

But, I fear that I'd regret it if my mom or one of my sisters needed a kidney down the road.

It's no light gesture, that's for sure.
She had obviously grown very fond of this person over the years, and considered him to be like a parent or grandparent.

Completely selfless and I doubt 99% of us would do it.
(06-01-2015, 11:26 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: She had obviously grown very fond of this person over the years, and considered him to be like a parent or grandparent.

Completely selfless and I doubt 99% of us would do it.

She's only been employed at the Hooters and known him for a couple of months. And, they have no relationship outside of the restaurant, MS.

I saw her interviewed. She believes in God and said that she did her part and now it's in God's hand.

She seemed very sad about losing her grandmother to kidney failure. I think maybe her faith and her empathy led to the selfless gesture.