Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
EATING CORN ON THE COB
(08-14-2014, 08:19 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: hah

No, I don't think they do.

Sshhh!
(08-14-2014, 08:21 PM)crash Wrote: Sometimes, if I'm with company in a formal setting, I even eat it with a knife and fork.

I tried to let this go by. I did. But I can't. Corn on the cob should never be served in a formal setting anymore than one would serve ribs in a formal setting. Dramaqueen
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
And he calls us the weirdos. I knew I'd get it out of him.
If you dry out the cob, cut one end flat, drill a hole. and put a stick in it, it makes a great back scratcher. Sure beats a claw hammer.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-14-2014, 08:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 08:21 PM)crash Wrote: Sometimes, if I'm with company in a formal setting, I even eat it with a knife and fork.

I tried to let this go by. I did. But I can't. Corn on the cob should never be served in a formal setting anymore than one would serve ribs in a formal setting. Dramaqueen

Formal was probably the wrong word, but I couldn't think of the right one. But you know, when you're having a home cooked meal with the family of your daughter's boyfriend and you don't want to look like a redneck buttering your corn with your hand and deepthroating the fuck out of it like previously mentioned upthread.
That made you look even more like a weirdo, no one eats corn on the cob with a knife and fork. The parents probably went to bed laughing about it. Good thing it didn't slip out of your hand and fly across the table.
How can it slip out of my hand if I'm eating it with a knife and fork, dumbass? Are you on the cans again, Sal?
How the fuck do you cut the kernels off with a knife and fork while it's flat on the plate? Do you pierce it with the fork and kind of shred the kernels off with the knife, and what if you don't have a razor like knife? What if it's a butter knife? I just don't even want to think about it, it's so stupid.
I would just wait until everyone else started eating theirs and do what they were doing.

Personally, If I was alone, and wasn't being judged by anyone about how I was eating my corn, I would cut that shit and eat it with a fork. I hate it stuck in my front teeth.
Who eats a dinner at a table with a fucking butter knife?

You shouldn't drink, Sal, it makes you an argumentative bitch. If you're not drinking, maybe you should have one, going dry makes you an argumentative bitch!
(08-14-2014, 09:17 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I would just wait until everyone else started eating theirs and do what they were doing.

Hello common sense, meet Sally..

And sometimes other people do eat it with a knife and fork. Maybe they think it makes them look more civilised. Who the hell knows..
This is the way normal people remove corn from their cob when they need it for something other than just eating corn on the cob. They hold it upright and slide the knife down removing the kernels. Hence why I assumed it might fly out of your hand at the dinner table with your inlaws (who think you're crazy). Excuse me for not realizing you cut the thing flat on your plate like a goddamn piece of turkey.

hah I never thought of cutting it flat on the plate. It could go flying either way very easily.
[Image: 63vva6.gif]

I found a new gadget to suit your style of corn eating, Sally

That's funny & revolting at the same time.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I wonder if he lost any teeth.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-14-2014, 11:15 AM)sally Wrote: My Newfoundland's favorite treat is a corn cob, he likes them better steak I think.

I thought I was the only one that had a dog that loved corn on the cob.

[Image: 1902901_752569078134981_5333077649370637...2b4c6d.jpg]