Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE
(12-31-2015, 08:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: ^ Gunnar posting as Cutz?

McGinty believes the death of Tamir Rice is due to a perfect storm of human error by all involved.

I think people who deny that systematic racism still exists in this country are wrong; I see it even though I wish it didn't exist. But, I don't think racism is a factor every time police officers shoot people of a different race, not by a long shot. With all the facts available now, I don't think race was a factor in Tamir's killing, but I do think incompetence factored heavily into it.

I don't think race was a factor in the shooting of Chris Few and his six year old son (both white) by two blacks cops in Louisiana either. The facts known to date don't point in that direction. But, the murder investigation is still ongoing.

There's no logical reasons why the cops who shot Walter Scott and Laquan McDonald did so when their lives were not being threatened, and then tried to float a false narrative and covered up, only to be busted out by video. Those murder investigations are still underway and the fact that the cops and the incapacitated subjects they unloaded their weapons into are of different races may not go to motive. Or, investigators may uncover evidence that they did in fact have racial motives, and/or any number of other motives. We don't have enough info to logically rule anything in or out at this time.

Case by case.

(And I knew you weren't really saying that I was saying that).

Humans are animals, some species of animals are normally more dangerous than others, it's observation not racism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE - by BigMark - 01-01-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Midwest Spy - 11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Blindgreed1 - 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Ferguson - by username - 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM