Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
I have had the typical "renters from hell" and am now leasing my Colorado house to a very nice person, but i could tell you a lot of horror stories about these people...e.g., the guy who was collecting disability for his alcoholism, so when he got his monthly check, he would buy booze and not pay his rent. Since I rented to him under Section 8 or some law (i don't really remember), I called the disability office to complain, and they said they had no control over what their "clients" did with their monthly checks. Think I have posted that before. I never even thought about renting to gays as opposed to straights, and don't care what people do in their bedrooms, just so they don't destroy my house. The main things I (and hopefully Mgt Co) wanted checked, was their financial resources/credit history and whether they had any criminal record. My mother was very prejudiced and had rentals, too.( She passed in 2002) She would tell Black families, the unit was rented when it was not. It was a military town so there was a very diverse population. I told her she could get in trouble, but she kept doing it. Was surprised I never had to visit her in jail.....hahhah My point is that character is more important than anything in choosing who you want to live in your rental IMHO. OMG, I hope lawsuits can't be retroactive and pass to her daughter.....

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by blueberryhill - 03-28-2015, 09:06 PM