Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
Yeah I remember the original fight for native religious rights and protections (specifically the peyote issue), it was in the Pacific Northwest and was going on while I was there in the late eighties. And like most of these well-meaning laws, it only takes one person to reinterpret it to allow them to discriminate in the guise of "protecting themselves." People have been claiming religious freedom from existing laws since the Quakers refused to fight either redcoats or indians.

What is troubling is that when politicians begin to draft laws designed to favor one group over another, and especially when they use religion to back up their right to do so, the end result generally winds up with colorful names like Nuremberg or Jim Crow. Because people are selfish. And mobs of "godfearing" people with a mind to exclude are even moreso.

As for whether that will lead to an American Fascist state: some might argue that ship sailed a while ago.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by Donovan - 03-29-2015, 04:24 PM