Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
(03-29-2015, 04:24 PM)Donovan Wrote: ...mobs of "godfearing" people with a mind to exclude are even moreso.

(03-30-2015, 01:07 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Free markets are pretty efficient at solving these problems, not government.

^ Two of the reasons I don't actively object to such state laws these days. In my opinion, anti-discrimination and veiled pro-discrimination laws don't have much impact on how most people do business. And, proposed laws that potentially open the door for legally buffered discrimination get much broader exposure in the internet age. So, when people who oppose them protest loudly and publicly enough, it forces mob members who are typically shaded by higher-profile ones to step into the light for all to see in order to defend their positions.

Or, they can instead reconsider and change up...

[Image: article-3019935-272BDEDA00000578-521_308x332.jpg]
^Indiana governor Mike Pence released this statement today: 'After much reflection and in consultation with the leadership of the general assembly,' he told reporters during a press conference, 'I've come to the conclusion that it would be helpful to move legislation this week that makes it clear that this law does not give businesses a right to deny services to anyone.'

[Image: Asa-Hutchinson-x400.jpg]
Next up: ^ Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson is on record as planning to sign into law a similar RFRA bill pushed by his state's congress.

Hutchinson's been working hard to attract technology companies to relocate and/or establish new facilities in Arkansas.

If he really wants the latter, I think he''d better read the writing on the wall from Indiana and reconsider his position on the former.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by HairOfTheDog - 03-31-2015, 03:54 PM