Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
(03-31-2015, 04:04 PM)Duchess Wrote: I'm so confused.

I'm sorry. hah

Indiana's governor passed a state law that many felt would allow anti-gay businesses to get around federal anti-discrimination regulations with a state law/shield that would hold up in court. In that regard, the verbiage behind Indiana's law was more concerning than most.

So, Apple CEO Tim Cook (among many others) has been very vocal about that potential license to gay discrimination being issued in the state law and made it clear that his company would divest from Indiana (and Arkansas, if Hutchinson passed a very similar RFRA there).

Under the pressure of nationwide public outcry and intense criticism from big business market leaders, Pence has agreed to reword the RFRA to remove the possibility that "religious freedom of expression" would stand up as a legal defense for discrimination against gays by employers and service providers. Once he does that, the Indiana law will be largely the same as the federal RFRA provisions and everything will be set right back to where it was.

All just my take. Sorry for the confusion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by HairOfTheDog - 03-31-2015, 04:34 PM