Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
(04-02-2015, 01:23 PM)username Wrote: There are far too many examples of people losing their jobs and/or being publicly persecuted for words (be they in the form of tweets or spoken--Paula Deen). It's a disturbing trend towards censorship and away from freedom of speech.

That's kind of what I find sadly ironic about these sorts of things... gay rights, gay marriage, LGBT issues (whatever you want to call them) have basically won their arguments. The culture has shifted and rightly so in my opinion... but this thing in Indiana sort of strikes me as the pendulum swinging way too far to the other side. It's almost like winning their argument wasn't enough - now you must accept it or else. Reminds me exactly of the extremism on the other side they were arguing against.

Maybe it is a form or radical liberalism like Donovan suggested? I don't know, but it sure is unseemly on either side. I grew up thinking there were better ways to solve problems, but these days people are just throwing bombs at each other. Interesting times certainly are afoot, and I'm not sure it's a good thing.

But we've gotten through worse shit. I imagine this will pass as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by Jimbone - 04-02-2015, 01:36 PM