Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
(05-03-2015, 09:51 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: You see there is a still a lot to worry about....Can we just give the gay issue a rest and continue to treat others as we would want to be treated.

There will always be a lot of important social issues for civic-minded people to worry about simultaneously, that's true.

I think continuous improvement is inherent in developed societies, though one group's "improvement" is often another's "set back". Sometimes it seems to me that free speech is being quashed or restricted in the process these days - when that speech conflicts with what's perceived as the politically correct stance. That bothers me a little at times, but there's always a choice to speak out (even if there's backlash) or stay quiet.

Anyway, the gay community has been speaking out -- loudly and constantly -- for a very long time. They've made large strides in their quest for equal rights over the last few years. It's not a minor issue for them and I don't think they would consider giving it a rest when they're on a roll and they still have a long way to go. They're gonna keep fighting for the rights to live, marry, and receive marital benefits anywhere in the country, equal to heterosexuals. The gay rights movement, IMO, doesn't take away from other important simultaneous movements towards minimizing child abuse, ending mass unwarranted incarceration, and pushing for road repairs.

But, I agree that it's easy to get overloaded if one attempts to contribute or keep up with every good cause.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by HairOfTheDog - 05-03-2015, 11:37 PM