Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
(05-04-2015, 08:38 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: What do you think about Mrs. Jannuzzi's firing, FAHQTOO? (and anybody else)

She has her right to free speech and just like everyone else, there could be consequences. I don't believe she should have been fired over it. They asked her to delete her facebook account and she did. That should be case closed, but it never is. Also, I believe it's legal for employers to fire people for some of the stuff they put on FB and also to ask for their passwords. Of course, me being me, I would tell them to fuck off...and then they can fire me. I think neither one of them has on ounce of common sense to share between them. She should have thought twice before posting that, and he gets a job with the Catholics knowing he's gay.

My nephew was applying for teaching jobs about 2 years ago when I went to visit for a few days. He was deleting all kinds of posts and party pics from his Facebook.

Before then, I'd never really considered how having all of that personal info for everyone to see could not only get someone in trouble with their employer, but also keep them for getting jobs in the first place. He told me it was very common for schools to gauge prospective teachers that way.

It makes good business sense, I guess (but if I had a personal FB page, I'd tell anyone who demanded my password to fuck off too).

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by HairOfTheDog - 05-04-2015, 09:03 PM