Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
(05-04-2015, 08:38 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(05-03-2015, 08:29 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: What do you think about Mrs. Jannuzzi's firing, FAHQTOO? (and anybody else)

I strongly disagree with the beliefs she posted on Facebook, but respect her right to express what she feels and don't think she deserved to be fired over it.

Like you, however, I support private businesses' and organizations' right to terminate employment for conduct that violates their standards.

It's interesting to me how religious organizations are struggling with gay issues these days. There's no consistent stance even within the same religion, as far as I can see. At present, a gay teacher is being pushed out of a Catholic School for being engaged to another gay male, meanwhile a straight teacher in a different city is being pushed out of a job at a Catholic School for condemning gay marriage.

She has her right to free speech and just like everyone else, there could be consequences. I don't believe she should have been fired over it. They asked her to delete her facebook account and she did. That should be case closed, but it never is. Also, I believe it's legal for employers to fire people for some of the stuff they put on FB and also to ask for their passwords. Of course, me being me, I would tell them to fuck off...and then they can fire me. I think neither one of them has on ounce of common sense to share between them. She should have thought twice before posting that, and he gets a job with the Catholics knowing he's gay.

Surprise, surprise....I do agree with you on one of your statements above, FQ2, i.e., employers having right to fire someone over what they write on Facebook....I have seen some vile things on FB and threats made on the life of Obama and people calling he and his family monkeys, they call Michelle a tranny and other insults....it goes way beyond a disagreement of politics, it is very evident, that is a race thing in all of its glory, right there for everyone to read. If they were my employee, they would be fired on the spot..You can look at someone's profile page, because your name and picture is right there for everyone to see.....and when you look these people up, you see that they work maybe in the Motor Vehicle Depart (just using this as example) and they are saying really nasty race related things...Would Dept of Vehicles want one of their employees on line making those statements public.....or any business, if you get my drift. One guy had a Confederate flag for his profile picture, and he suggested that someone "take care" of Obama with a wink on his part....Other posters threatened to report them to their employers.....I, of course, would never do that...When these sub humans threaten lives, they have crossed a line and deserve to lose their job and maybe go to jail for threatening a life. Oh, and just one last comment re you saying guy should not have applied for job at Catholic school since he was gay. Maybe he just thought he would be in good company and surrounded by others who shared his lifestyle. He just didn't realize there was a double standard. One for Priests and one for teachers....My apologies to the gay teacher for last remark.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by blueberryhill - 05-04-2015, 09:12 PM