Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
(06-08-2018, 12:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I think people should be able to express themselves however they want. I don't have to like it. I heard something the other day that I've continued to think about since then. Could a surgeon refuse to treat someone because of their viewpoint? How about a Jewish surgeon not wanting to treat those who eat pork or a very conservative surgeon refusing to treat a gay person, etc.

I get that rationale.

Personally, I don't doubt that some medical professionals (private practice and working for public medical organizations) have refused service for those discriminatory reasons, though I do doubt that they wouldn't have cloaked them behind some other excuse to avoid repercussions.

To me, that's different than refusing service to a guy at a bar because his presence could easily lead to mayhem. Though, again, I don't know if that's why the bar owner tossed the MAGA guy. In any case, private businesses can refuse service based on political attire. Had the MAGA guy instead been a Jew who was tossed for refusing to take off his Kippah, however......the bar owner probably would have lost the case because the religious discrimination claim would have had merit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by HairOfTheDog - 06-08-2018, 01:02 PM