Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anybody have a Keurig?
My mother gave me hers awhile back, and I've come to enjoy it a lot. The downside? Those fucking little K-cups aint cheap (compared to bulk coffee). Anyhoo, Mom recently moved, and during her move she came across an accesory that came with the machine. Basically it's a screen filter that allows one to use bulk coffee in the machine.

Great, I thought...I can save a few bucks by using this, instead of the K-cups. So I buy myself some good coffee, and attempt to use the attachment. I load up the filter with a couple of teaspoons of joe, insert the thing, and hit the start.

Fail.

Damned thing leaked over the sides a bit, and the coffee didnt come out in a nice steady stream as it does with the cups. Made a little bit of a mess. I've dicked around trying to use less/more coffee trying to get this thing to function as advertised, with no success.

Anyone know what I'm talking about, and has used these things with good results? I'm about ready to toss the attachment. Also, I'm wondering what type of grind my coffee should be ground to in order to perhaps get better results. The stuff I bought was a pretty fine grind, and wonder if something courser would be better.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

I have one. Love it. You need to get the red plastic coffee thingy that looks like a k-cup. I got mine at Walmart. Don't fill it to the top. Fill it about 23rds full. That should work just fine.

ETA: they have them on Amazon too.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
This is the attachment for using bulk coffee. It came with the maker, so it should work fine. Is this what you're talking about Ramsey?
[Image: dc889afb16.jpg]
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

Mine looks a little different. But I would think that would work. Maybe you put too much coffee in it. Try it again with less coffee and see if that works.
Tried that, believe me. I've gone from just 1 teaspoon, to all the way like you say, 23 full. A lot of times, the damn grounds also come out over the top as well. Maybe I'll just try a different one, cuz I sure want to use it.

I've heard they clog up easily. Have you descaled the machine?

I don't have one but pretty much everyone I know does.

I've been to more than a couple homes where the women have "coffee stations". It's usually set up on a cabinet with cups, the pods for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cider. My first thought is always the same, fricken Stepford wives. Coffee station. Jesus.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yea, I don't have a coffee station. I have a machine and cups in the cabinet. Hell, I never even remember to offer anyone coffee.
(03-29-2015, 10:26 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Yea, I don't have a coffee station.

Yeah well, you don't strike me as pretentious either and that's I view them. It's all I can do not to roll my eyes when it's pointed out to me.

Does anyone in Mock have a coffee station? MS?

I bet Aussie does.

I'll want to die if Hot D does.

I don't mind insulting anyone else.
You better not insult me or I'll hit you with not Coach bag.
We do but it just kind of developed that way. We had the keurig and still use it, but the coffee gets prohibitively expensive, the attachment is a messy pain and basically eliminates any of the convenience of the machine in the first place, and now we're finding out there are some internal hazards of the bpa type. My GF already went back to the traditional percolator model stainless steel maker, and as soon as I use up the rest of these that's what I will be using too. I saw an article where the guy who invented it really regrets doing it because of the waste and impact on landfills etc.
I use a regular coffee maker and like a full pot of coffee. I've always thought those were a gimmick so people would be suckered into buying the individual cups like the ink on a printer, the machine is cheap but the accessories and the cups cost to much.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Well, it was my normal grocery day anyways, so I bought what Ramsey described. Worked perfect.

/thread

(03-29-2015, 11:42 AM)Maggot Wrote: I use a regular coffee maker and like a full pot of coffee. I've always thought those were a gimmick so people would be suckered into buying the individual cups like the ink on a printer, the machine is cheap but the accessories and the cups cost to much.

Me too, I'll brew a pot in the am, I basically use this thing for an evening cup of joe, when I don't want to make a lot, or when I feel like something that's flavored (digging the Starbucks caramel flavor atm) The cups are insane, so thats why I wanted to use the attachment.

Flavored coffee makes me gag, I like a nice cup of black coffee but sometimes use a dash of half/half.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-29-2015, 11:40 AM)Donovan Wrote: We had the keurig and still use it, but the coffee gets prohibitively expensive, the attachment is a messy pain and basically eliminates any of the convenience of the machine in the first place...

Exactly. I buy the little pre-filled one's from CostCo. I'm probably paying more for a cup of coffee but then again, there's no waste at least. I don't make a full pot only to have to toss half of it out.

I think we have one of those big plastic (white) accessories too but I can't imagine HOW that would work (or even what it's for). IIRC, it's much bigger than the slot for the coffee containers. Actually, I'm looking at our instruction book now and yeah that sonofabitch somehow factors in to it but it looks like a PITA. I'd skip it.
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-29-2015, 10:31 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Does anyone in Mock have a coffee station? MS?

The station will be busy today.

21 people coming over for my son's 8th b-day party in about a half hour.