Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE -- SAVOPOULOS/FIGUEROA MURDERS, D.C.
(05-21-2015, 06:25 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: HotD, Thank God the two college age girls were not at home. It's grotesque enough. In fact, I find it hard to imagine anyone being as cruel as this criminal. In the taped message where Mr.S is asking the housekeeper not to come the next day, I can hear a very upset child's voice in the background. LE thinks he was kept separate, and tortured so his parents could hear his pain and be manipulated as they were tied and helpless in another room.

Yeah, it's definitely a blessing that the daughters were away at school, Zero.

I did hear the boy in the background of the voice mail. It's very very sad knowing what that little boy went through (well, we know some of it, at least).

(05-21-2015, 06:26 PM)Cutz Wrote: I can't think of any legitimate business practice that involves leaving 40k in cash outside someone's door. That's absolutely insane to me. Any purchases that large go on credit accounts. Maybe I could see buying a car or something for personal use for cash, not paying interest, but that'd be a rare occurrence I'd think. And I'd put the cash in someone's hand. Definitely sounds like ransom money to me. Poppa Sav said "Leave the money on the doorstep and get the hell outta here." Ugh... ransoms. I would rather call 911 and go down swinging than meet demands from a criminal who is more likely to kill me than not.

That bit about the DNA from pizza is crazy tho. I'm gonna have to eat all my crust when I'm committing felonies.

I think Nelly is off about the the $40k being a planned business transaction; I think it was ransom negotiated the morning of the fire too.

DC Police said today that Wint wore gloves for the crimes and when he handled the pizza. But (like a true genius) he failed to consider that saliva would be left on uneaten crust. Saliva is one of the best sources for solid DNA samples.

The latest from multiple sources/reports indicate that:
-Wint is from Guyana and moved to the US.
-He graduated from high school and from community college in Maryland.
-He was discharged from the US Marines for medical reasons after only a few weeks and then worked as a certified welder, at one time employed at Savopoulos' American Iron Works company.
-Wint's father was frightened of him and had placed a year-long protective order against him in the past, based on threats Wint made about killing his family.
-The girlfriend Wint was staying with in New York after he fled said he told her that he was going to turn himself in, but police don't seem to think he will. According to police, the girlfriend is not a suspect and is being questioned but has not been arrested.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by ZEROSPHERES - 05-15-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Cutz - 05-16-2015, 02:49 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Midwest Spy - 05-16-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE -- SAVOPOULOS/FIGUEROA MURDERS, D.C. - by HairOfTheDog - 05-21-2015, 06:50 PM