Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE -- SAVOPOULOS/FIGUEROA MURDERS, D.C.
Wint's attorney has had me rolling my eyes a couple of times as well Duchess.

[Image: Ficker11-210x300.jpg]
Attorney Robin Ficker ^ has said in regards to Wint: "My impression of him — I remember him rather well — is that he wouldn't hurt a fly. He's a very nice person."

Ficker also added that (in the six times he's represented Wint over the years) he found Wint to be "kind and gentle", that authorities have arrested the wrong guy and that police have made a big mistake here.

Wint's presumed innocent until proven guilty in the legal system, but I was surprised to hear the attorney making such bold claims that his client -- one with a violent history whose DNA was found at the scene -- is unquestionably innocent, right off the bat.

I figured Ficker was some unknown trying to make a name for himself; a Jose Baez type. But, when I looked him up, I was surprised to see that he is actually well-established and has some pretty significant victories in his portfolio. And, he was a (in)famous NBA opposing-team heckler as well.

Strange character. In addition to his claims that Wint is innocent because his family says that he doesn't like pizza, Ficker is now saying that Wint can't be the dude who did it because Wint's mother and siblings don't think he murdered the Savopoulos' and Figueroa.

I don't think Ficker is likely so gullible and ignorant as to think that the rationale he's given to date is indicative of his client's innocence; he's probably just trying to plant doubt in the potential jurors minds straight off.

Wint's father, who had to have a restraining order against Wint for a year in order to protect himself and his family from Wint's violent threats against them, is not declaring his son innocent. Yesterday, Dennis Wint expressed sorrow for the victims' families and said that it's his hope that anyone involved in the crimes, including his son, will suffer the consequences. Statement: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crim...story.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by ZEROSPHERES - 05-15-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Cutz - 05-16-2015, 02:49 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Midwest Spy - 05-16-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE -- SAVOPOULOS/FIGUEROA MURDERS, D.C. - by HairOfTheDog - 05-27-2015, 09:29 AM