Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE -- SAVOPOULOS/FIGUEROA MURDERS, D.C.
(06-07-2015, 09:43 AM)Nay-Nay Wrote: I don't get it, why is the assistant not locked up yet? I believe he masterminded the crime.

The assistant's lies to police in initial interviews are very curious Nay-Nay. He's definitely a POI, in my opinion.

But, I'm not sure they consider him a suspect, at least not yet.

For Jordan Wallace to be considered an official suspect in the murder, extortion, and arson, police need to tie him to Daron Wint and the crimes. As Savopoulos' assistant, evidence that he'd been in the house and the car wouldn't mean much.

Police have searched Wallace's car and phone records. It doesn't appear that those searches have resulted in probable cause to justify an arrest warrant thus far.

Wallace's car was parked a block from the Savopoulos home. But, that's not really suspicious since phone records show he was working at the martial arts studio when he got a call from someone at American Iron Works indicating that the Savopoulos house was on fire and he drove straight there.

Here's what was found in Wallace's BMW:
-two backpacks,
-a laptop computer,
-fast-food receipts,
-police also took swabs of the interior of the car and pieces of the vehicle, including the armrest handles.

Here's what was found in the search of the Chevy Cruze that Wint was traveling in:
-cash,
-money orders,
-bank receipts,
-two knives,
-black and pink bag, clothing,
-an iPad and a Verizon Samsung phone

Police haven't indicated whether the knives have been connected to the crimes or whether any of the cell phones belonged to the victims.

The box truck being driven by Wint's relative (his bro, I think) is owned by Amerit Fleet Solutions, a company based in Walnut Creek, Calif., which contracts with large companies to maintain vehicles such as trucks. Police found bundles of hundred dollar bills stuffed inside the door pockets.

It is unclear how the box truck came into the possession of someone linked to Wint, but a company representative has confirmed that Wint never worked for Amerit and Amerit has no connection with American Iron Works.

I think investigators have a lot of dots they're trying to connect. I personally don't have an opinion yet as to whether Wallace is an innocent dumbass or instead guilty of at least conspiracy in the crimes against the Savopoulos' and Vera Figueroa.

Ref: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crim...story.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by ZEROSPHERES - 05-15-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Cutz - 05-16-2015, 02:49 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Midwest Spy - 05-16-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE - by Duchess - 05-16-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE -- SAVOPOULOS/FIGUEROA MURDERS, D.C. - by HairOfTheDog - 06-07-2015, 09:43 PM