Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ARIZONA COUPLE MISSING/FOUND DEAD, MICHAEL & TINA CARECCIA
Why was Tina linked to the robbery in the first place? Just because she resembles the female? It seems odd that she would be a suspect at all.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
She's never been a suspect, rams, according to LE.

I think locals saw the photos of the wanted female bank-robber on the news and thought she looked like the woman who'd gone missing and was pictured in the news the day before. They started making comments on FB to that effect and Tina's daughter, the search organizers, and LE came out on their FB pages yesterday and said that the bank robber is definitely not Tina.

That's what I believe happened; the speculative posts on those FB pages have been scrubbed, so it's hard to tell for sure.

It's very odd that a couple reportedly just vanished on their way to work, with their car found abandoned in the desert. It's also very odd that a woman dressed in pool clothes waltzed right into a bank and robbed the place, without an attempt to conceal her identity. Odder still, the bank robber really resembles the missing woman (IMO) and the missing couple lives only about 40 minutes from the bank that was robbed. It's also odd that very little information has been released by LE about either case.

It could just be coincidence, but the speculation that the two odd incidents might be related is reasonable, IMO.
(06-26-2015, 10:40 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: without an attempt to conceal her identity.

That was the first thing that struck me when I looked at the picture.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's all just odd. The story is no longer on the radar at all down here. LE knows something. The Iraqi trainee that crashed and burned his F-15 is all over the news, but not a peep about this story this morning.
(06-26-2015, 11:21 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 10:40 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: without an attempt to conceal her identity.

That was the first thing that struck me when I looked at the picture.

Me, too...why not even sunglasses? Weird! The missing lady's chin from bottom lip to end of chin is longer than robber's chin....i read several facebook pages and her family definitely ruled out that robber was her. One was 5'2" and the other 5'8." You never know the truth initially, so anything is possible....

When I look on my news page, the only update is 23 hours ago.....
(06-26-2015, 08:55 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: When I look on my news page, the only update is 23 hours ago.....

Tina's brother hired a retired NY private detective Stan Williams.

Williams told a local reporter:

- there were too many people living in the home and coming and going
- Tina had recently inherited several thousand dollars and people kill for a lot less
- he thinks maybe the husband (Michael) is involved in some way or it's foul play by someone else
- Michael had a severely injured hand, almost severed (his wages were also being garnished)
- he thinks the couple may have been in deep debt to local drug dealers who wanted to make them pay up or disappear
- he doesn't think this will end well

This station's report indicates that the car was found 12 mile from the couple's home.

Williams had "no comment" when asked if all of the family members and friends had been interviewed and if there was a person of interest.

Interview video link: http://www.azcentral.com/videos/news/329...117097001/
(06-27-2015, 10:00 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 08:55 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: When I look on my news page, the only update is 23 hours ago.....

Tina's brother hired a retired NY private detective Stan Williams.

Williams told a local reporter:

- there were too many people living in the home and coming and going
- Tina had recently inherited several thousand dollars and people kill for a lot less
- he thinks maybe the husband (Michael) is involved in some way or it's foul play by someone else
- Michael had a severely injured hand, almost severed (his wages were also being garnished)
- he thinks the couple may have been in deep debt to local drug dealers who wanted to make them pay up or disappear
- he doesn't think this will end well

This station's report indicates that the car was found 12 mile from the couple's home.

Williams had "no comment" when asked if all of the family members and friends had been interviewed and if there was a person of interest.

Interview video link: http://www.azcentral.com/videos/news/329...117097001/
hah Brilliant!
I think that the private detective may have stated that observation to counter what Mike's son Luke said, Gunnar.

Luke said early on that his dad and new stepmom would not just willingly up and leave. He also said that he doesn't think there's any foul play involved because, "there would be no motive."

Luke doesn't make sense. He couldn't possibly know the motives of a stranger(s) or even hidden motives of those known to the family. The only option Luke's statement leaves open is that the couple accidentally got lost. Hard to believe.

PI Williams sees it differently. He thinks that husband Mike, who I believe was actually unemployed and also having financial trouble, might have hurt/killed Tina and scrammed. Or, that someone else hurt or killed both Mike and Tina. Those are not possibilities that the family or the police have mentioned, but I think Williams' speculation is reasonable.

I also think it's reasonable to consider the possibility that this couple staged their disappearance, with or without some accomplices in the family.

No signs of foul play in the car, according to police. I'd really like to know if the same is true for the house.
One Week Missing

[Image: 2A0E0EC400000578-0-image-a-7_1435497869141.jpg][Image: 2A0E0EF100000578-0-image-m-6_1435497857371.jpg]

-The family is still organizing searches in the desert; police have said they're investigating more behind the scenes.

-It's confirmed that police found their abandoned car a couple of blocks from the couple's "family compound" a couple of hours after Mike's son Luke reported them missing on the evening of 6/23. Initial reports that police found it a couple of hours after they reportedly left the house that morning were wrong.

-Tina's family hired a private investigator from Phoenix to assist in the search but Stan Williams would reveal little about what his efforts have revealed up so far.

-Pinal County sheriff's investigators were tight-lipped today, but sought to draw attention away from some of the competing theories that have emerged in the rural community since Michael, an unemployed pilot, and Tina, an accountant, were reported missing last week.

"While the family and their private investigator may have their own theories on what occurred, it is important for the integrity of the investigation that we don't reveal what we have already learned until we reach a certain point in the investigation," the Sheriff said.

Former Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill wasn't surprised that investigators were keeping quiet at this point n the search. Hill said sheriff's investigators were likely reluctant to release more information because some details could cause speculation that could hurt the investigation progress.

Even without much evidence, Hill said there were some peculiar elements to the case. For example, sheriff's deputies found the couple's abandoned car not far from the couple's house in Maricopa. It's also much less common for a couple to be missing as opposed to an individual.

"Is it possible for a couple to run away? Yes," Hill said. "Is it likely without foul play? Not likely." (HOTD: I think Hill means foul play on the part of the couple.)

Hill said the FBI could get involved in the case if there was evidence the couple crossed state lines or crossed the border into Mexico. (HOTD: Facebook accounts indicate the couple had been to Mexico twice in the last year.)

Ref: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loca.../29483985/
LE ANNOUNCES "CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION" & SUSPICIONS OF "FOUL PLAY"

Snip:
Now it's been more than a week since the Arizona couple went missing, and investigators say they suspect foul play. Their dark gray 2008 Honda Accord was found abandoned, but still, family members say there's no trace of them.

"Our priority is to locate this missing couple, yet we have evidence that suggests foul play," Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said in a statement. "This is not just a search, but it is also criminal investigation into the couple's disappearance. We shall continue our search and investigation simultaneously."

Babeu didn't provide additional details about what leads detectives to suspect criminal activity.

"We have no further details at this time, we are looking to provide the family and our community with answers," he said, "yet we are restricted due to the nature of this investigation."

Ref: http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/30/us/arizona...ng-couple/
============================

It's not clear to me whether the investigators suspect criminal acitivity and foul play on the part of one or both of the Careccias, or whether they instead suspect that the couple were victims of criminal activity and foul play at the hands of others.
(06-27-2015, 01:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think that the private detective may have stated that observation to counter what Mike's son Luke said, Gunnar.

Luke said early on that his dad and new stepmom would not just willingly up and leave. He also said that he doesn't think there's any foul play involved because, "there would be no motive."

Luke doesn't make sense. He couldn't possibly know the motives of a stranger(s) or even hidden motives of those known to the family. The only option Luke's statement leaves open is that the couple accidentally got lost. Hard to believe.

PI Williams sees it differently. He thinks that husband Mike, who I believe was actually unemployed and also having financial trouble, might have hurt/killed Tina and scrammed. Or, that someone else hurt or killed both Mike and Tina. Those are not possibilities that the family or the police have mentioned, but I think Williams' speculation is reasonable.

I also think it's reasonable to consider the possibility that this couple staged their disappearance, with or without some accomplices in the family.

No signs of foul play in the car, according to police. I'd really like to know if the same is true for the house.
Which is protocol for any disappearance/murder investigation.
^ Yes, all speculation is on the table until it is ruled out, and spouses and the inner circle are almost always looked at first (until/unless there's evidence pointing in another direction). The PI's speculation conflicts with what Mike's son said early on, but his speculation isn't extraordinary or anything.

I agree with those who think that LE already has a good idea of what happened to Mike and Tina Careccia and that they're just looking for evidence to back-up their theory.

Hopefully this one will be solved soon.
(07-01-2015, 12:49 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: ^ Yes, all speculation is on the table until it is ruled out, and spouses and the inner circle are almost always looked at first (until/unless there's evidence pointing in another direction). The PI's speculation conflicts with what Mike's son said early on, but his speculation isn't extraordinary or anything.

I agree with those who think that LE already has a good idea of what happened to Mike and Tina Careccia and that they're just looking for evidence to back-up their theory.

Hopefully this one will be solved soon.
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much into what the kid has to say. Typically parents wouldn't include the kid in any plans or shady dealings.
I got distracted, but approximately an hour ago, the local news said there was break in this case, new leads, foul play involved, and LE has warrants to search house at unknown location but in close proximity to the missing couples' home.....something about someone else being detained in yet another location so looks like this will be a turning point in investigation.
Intriguing case...
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
Mike and Tina Careccia update: Authorities serving search warrant tied to missing couple case - ABC15 Arizona
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-central...ouple-case
Good to see you Wildflower.

Thanks for the heads-up blueberry. Something major is definitely going down.

LE is swarming and searching a home about a block away from the Careccia's home. CSI is there collecting evidence and a helicopter is hovering overhead.

[Image: 8212271_G.jpg]

The local Fox station is reporting that the couple was not supposed to be going to work last Monday when they disappeared, as was originally reported.

Mike is unemployed and Tina reportedly had a doctors appointment and then she was supposed to run an errand for her boss.

She was supposed to drop off a flashdrive to somebody in Mesa. Tina's purse with the flashdrive was found at the Careccia home after they went missing.

Video and story: http://www.fox4news.com/story/29457011/2...ing-couple
Help us find Tina and Mike
1 hr ยท
Good afternoon everyone, quick update! We are closing down at the Community Center for the rest of the day due to police activity. We will update as soon as we can! Thank you everyone for the amazing support!
Comment
I'm reading in the comments section of help us find Tina and mike...there is a man who claims he was standing there when Jose was arrested. Jose is being reported as the man who owns the house that is currently being searched.
911 call::

Http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loca.../29537059/