Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
One of the killed terrorists was a 30-year-old native of France. That's been confirmed. He was reportedly on the French Intelligence radar because he had become radicalized, but hadn't broken any laws and didn't have apparent ties to an organized terrorist network.

There are over 1,000 French citizens who traveled to Syria and reportedly fought/trained with ISIL and returned; it's almost impossible for French authorities to monitor all of them.

One of the vehicles used in the attacks was rented by a Frenchman in Belgium. Belgian police reportedly raided three homes today in connection with the attacks.

All 8 known terrorists were wearing suicide vests with TATP homemade explosives (requires training); 7 of the terrorists were killed by police or by their own hands. One was arrested by French police.

I won't be surprised if a major retaliatory hit on ISIL goes down soon. 129 dead, 350 injured (over 80 of them critically) in Paris -- those are the latest counts. ISIL claimed responsibility this morning, calling Hollande an "imbecile" and damning France for participating in the international coalition. French president Hollande proclaimed that war has been declared on France and promised to respond in kind.

The open border policy in Europe really needs to be reconsidered, in my opinion. I always had to show my passport when traveling between European countries by train. The border patrol would come on the train at each border crossing and check passports (and sometimes ask questions). I think that process should probably be reinstated for all modes of transportation.

I don't know what's going to happen with Syrian refugees trying to escape terror at home; some European countries were already protesting the EU quotas for letting them in. If any of the Paris terrorists turn out to be Syrian refugees, the opposition is gonna be even stronger.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PARIS HIT BY COORDINATED TERRORIST ATTACKS - by HairOfTheDog - 11-14-2015, 03:49 PM