Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(11-16-2015, 07:04 AM)Maggot Wrote: Its tough when the world is drawn into a war with no country but an ideal. When some countries turn a blind eye towards these nutcases they should be held responsible also.

Yeah, we've been talking about how lone wolfs and local networks without geographic borders were a growing world-wide threat for a couple of years here. It's reality now, East and West.

In the past couple of months, ISIL-affiliated attacks have been launched successfully in several countries and in the sky. I think the second attack on Paris in less than a year will probably be enough for coalition members to formally consider ISIL training grounds in Syria a home-country threat and ramp up military aggression.

Muslim countries really need to lead the ground charge, in my opinion. But, if they won't, the U.S. Russia, and France will. If it comes to that, I will have very little tolerance for any Middle Eastern country or group who complains of Western intervention. If they won't voluntarily attempt to neutralize their own regional threats and thus allow them to become threats to the rest of the world, they're not terribly valuable allies in my book.

So, it won't surprise me if Syria's civil war is about to turn into a multi-national battlefield and ISIL headquarters gets severely crippled, for a while. But, you can't kill an ideology with bullets or bombs or jail time, and I think new Islamic terrorist groups will always rise from the rubble of the old ones.

Seems police caught Salah Abdesalam today. He was hiding in his stomping grounds in Molenbeek, Brussels. Big surprise. Molenbeek is a breeding ground for Islamic extremism, a pit stop for Islamic terrorists throughout Europe, a place to acquire military style firearms quickly... There's a Molenbeek connection to several recent terrorist attacks. Belgium has a serious problem there and they know it. I don't know what they're gonna do about it, but I don't think "nothing" is an option any longer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PARIS HIT BY COORDINATED TERRORIST ATTACKS - by HairOfTheDog - 11-16-2015, 10:55 AM