Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(11-17-2015, 11:24 PM)Mohammed Wrote: What is Daesh!

Imagine taking all the Ghettos and Slums of all the cities, all the gangs, disillusioned young guys high on testosterone, which are many, putting them together, giving them a corporate board with an excellent professional background, hope, a feeling or worth, and a huge financial backup of 2 billion dollars, and give them an environment to go wild.

You got a quite a problem of gang violence in the States, that's Daesh! Only they got more cash, training, and backup to do their shit.

I can see some commonalities between U.S. gangs and Daesh; the rewarded violence, the prisons as recruiting grounds, the almost unbreakable commitment and loyalty of the members...

I also have no doubt that money, along with political agendas, played a major role in the establishment of Daesh.

In my opinion, Daesh is more like a cult than a gang though. A combination cult/gang actually. Gang members don't voluntary kill themselves for the cause. They're insular and don't proudly advertise their crimes and actively recruit oustiders from far and wide.

I think most Daesh members are probably true believers who see Bagdhadi as the caliph and have a twisted but sincere belief that they're contributing to a godly prophetic mission for which they're justified in taking the lives of infidels and for which they'll gladly lay down their own lives for expected after-life rewards. Fucked up people drunk on the kool-aid. But, there are probably many motivators for the individual Daesh terrorists throughout the chain of command. Those are just my opinions based on what I've read and observed over the last few years.

Here's a fact: moderate Muslims have denounced Daesh for years now, over and over. I've posted harsh denouncements of Daesh from Muslim leaders and other Muslims many times. Muslims, way more than any other group, are the fatal victims of Daesh. Jordan (primarily Muslim) has bombed the shit outta Daesh. The Kurds (Muslim) are the ground troops giving their lives to quash Daesh. And, still, inevitably, non-Muslims ask why moderate Muslims aren't denouncing Daesh.

I don't disagree with Putin that the U.S. inadvertently helped create Daesh by taking out Saddam under false pretenses that he supported al-Qaeda and had WMDs (and then incarcerating together his disgruntled followers for years; nothing to do but plot and bond). Putting Maliki in charge, with a promise that he would lead a democratic government that served both Sunnis and Shiites equally, and then failing to respond when he instead repressed Sunnis, was another factor that helped Daesh grow. But, those U.S. actions alone didn't create Daesh and plenty of governments have shit on their hands when it comes to Daesh, in my view. Putin has his own vested interests and political agendas as well -- his commentary is not unbiased.

There is so much long-held animosity and hatred between some Middle Eastern countries, and between Sunnis and Shiites, that I don't believe the collective Muslims of the world have somehow put centuries of conflict aside to secretly develop a master plan to take over the world. If the Islamic world ever manages to unite, such a theory would be more realistic. I don't see that happening anytime in the foreseeable future, if ever (just ask the Houthis, Qaeda, Daesh, the Kurds, Iran...)

As for the Saudis...

Messages In This Thread
RE: PARIS HIT BY COORDINATED TERRORIST ATTACKS - by HairOfTheDog - 11-18-2015, 03:02 PM