Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
^ Exactly, MS. You picked the interpretation that fits your personal beliefs or liking.

Some Christians interpret "son of man" literally, though most view Jesus as the son of God and/or God himself.

Some Christians focus more on their interpretations of God's will than that of Jesus, and vice versa.

Some Christians believe that homosexuality is a sin and use the Bible as justification, some don't.

Some Christians are fundamentalists, others are progressive.

People of the same faith aren't all the same. I don't hold you responsible for Christians who commit unspeakable acts and use God or Jesus to justify it. Just like I don't hold my friend Mehul responsible in any way for Daesh's acts just because the terrorists use Muhammad or Allah to justify their crimes against humanity.

That doesn't mean that I'm naive or denying that networks of radical Muslims could launch attacks in the U.S. I think that's a real threat. That's one of the reasons that I'm not among those who protest the NSA screening calls and electronic communications, though I'm probably in the minority of Americans. I'm willing to trade some personal privacy to reduce the public risk. But, I don't think everyone who strongly disagrees with me on that is a threat to the Western world or anything.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PARIS HIT BY COORDINATED TERRORIST ATTACKS - by HairOfTheDog - 11-18-2015, 09:26 PM