Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(11-19-2015, 11:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: This is a serious question, not a jabbing one.

Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush, both of whom claim to be devout Christians, are suggesting that the U.S. should not be considering Syrian Muslims for possible refugee relocation. HOWEVER, they suggest that the U.S. should open its doors to Syrian Christians.

Do you agree with that MS?

I'm not a Christian. But, to me, it seems so very contrary to the Christian philosophies of helping the needy and "loving they neighbor".

Absolutely, Christians believe in helping those who can not help themselves.

Matthew 5:39
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Matthew 22:36-40
Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Leviticus 19:18
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

I could post many more, but Christians are also warned to be wary and alert.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Nehemiah 4:17-18
Who were building on the wall. Those who carried burdens were loaded in such a way that each labored on the work with one hand and held his weapon with the other. And each of the builders had his sword strapped at his side while he built. The man who sounded the trumpet was beside me.

Proverbs 22:24
Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man.

We know ISIL is evil and wants to kill everyone who does not believe in the Islam they practice, we know the Christians have been told to leave or they will be killed, we know ISIL members have not disguised themselves as Christians yet.

It seems to me the moral thing to be is get the Christians out of harms way first because they face the greater threat of violence.

What I hear Cruz and Bush saying is lets just use common sense. The Commander-in-Chief's first obligation is to protect the country; knowing the chaos that exists in the Middle East it will be more difficult to vet the Muslims today.

Vetting Christians will be much easier; they have fled as whole communities. They will know if a stranger is trying to game the system.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PARIS HIT BY COORDINATED TERRORIST ATTACKS - by pyropappy - 11-20-2015, 03:32 AM