Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(11-20-2015, 04:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: There's been another terrorist attack. Do I talk about it here or start a new thread? I can remember having a similar question when we began to have public shootings on a weekly basis, now we have one thread dedicated that.

More deaths :(

I asked myself the same question; it was a little depressing. I edited this thread title to be inclusive of other terrorist attacks (like we did for the police brutality thread). 21 dead in today's terrorist attack at the hotel in Mali. RIP.

Snip:

[Image: 650x366]
Al Mourabitoun, an Islamist militant group, claimed it was jointly responsible for the attack, according to Mauritanian news agency Al Akhbar. The group announced it carried out the attack with al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), the news agency reported.

Al Mourabitoun said the attack was carried out in retaliation for government aggression in northern Mali, Al Akhbar reported. The group also demanded the release of prisoners in France.

Algerian jihadist and the leader of the group, Mokhtar Belmokhtar, is "probably" behind the attack, French Defense Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said in an interview on France's TF1, but the French are not "entirely sure."

Belmokhtar was the target of a June U.S. airstrike in Libya. Libyan officials said he had been killed but U.S. officials never confirmed his death publicly.

Full story: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/20/africa/mal...index.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: PARIS HIT BY COORDINATED TERRORIST ATTACKS - by HairOfTheDog - 11-20-2015, 10:50 PM