Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
The U.S. has started 260 armed conflicts since World War II. Where did you get that info, Mr. Mo?

I'm not one to agree with American actions just because I'm American. As you know from previous discussions, I did not support the overthrows of Saddam nor Gaddafi. I also did not support intervening in Syria's civil war and taking out Assad. And, there are plenty of domestic policies/philosophies with which I disagree as well. But, exaggerated and hypocritical claims about America's aggression are just as (in)credible as those who claim that America is justified/right in all cases.

Anyway, I'm certain that the U.S. has had armed forces present in around 200 conflicts in the last 80 years. Some of those have been very small, many by invitation, most have been with allies, and some of have been American-driven wrong intervention (in my opinion). So, I can't fathom how you got 260 armed conflicts started by the U.S. I'd be curious to see that qualified when you get a chance.

As for Australia, like in the U.S., there is a portion of the Australian population and leadership which supports more intervention and aggression against ISIS in Iraq and Syria, according to the news I read. Not all Australians agree on the matter, of course, even here at Mock. I remember aussiefriend denouncing those of us Americans who did not support the idea of the U.S. charging in and taking out Assad in Syria like 3 years ago.

In any event, I don't begrudge Australia for being one of the most prolific bombers in the coalition. I understand why Australia, as a country, has elected to participate in military conflict within Iraq and Syria. I also thought it was prudent of Abbott to crack down on ISIS converts returning to Australia and placing the country at high risk of internal attack months and months ago. Some of the worst, most boastful Western ISIS members I've come across in research are Australians (some of them were covered in the IRAQ NEEDS HELP thread).

Perspective.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - by HairOfTheDog - 12-09-2015, 12:13 AM