Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
Trump has advocated for a freeze on Muslims entering the country, any Muslims, even those that live here and are simply returning home.

His suggestions that family members should be killed is insane to me as well. A lot of people might well say they would hold an entire family responsible for the actions of other family members and wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire. But, not a lot of people are being heard by millions of people around the world every day in speaking as a candidate for the presidency of the United States.

Anyway, aside from the San Bernadino terrorist's wife, the people in this country who've been busted or killed trying to join ISIS or pull-off an ISIS-inspired attack are Americans. Most of them were not Muslims before they were lured in; they converted. I wouldn't argue against most or all of them (along with non-Muslim recruits and converts from all Western countries) being fucking nuts. But, freezing all Muslims out of the U.S. for some period wouldn't have stopped them because they were already here. I do support strict screening of all new immigrants and strict screening of U.S. citizens coming and going from known terrorist hotbeds however.

The reason I'm pissed about Belgium is that authorities there apparently let internal political divides keep them from doing what the U.S. and Australia and Israel...do well; investigating suspicious activity, travel, and security reports in regards to our citizens; arresting and charging citizens on suspicion of terrorist activity when evidence exists; prosecuting and taking the assholes off the street.

The terrorists behind the Paris and Brussels attacks were all second generation Belgian citizens, not refugees or new immigrants, as far as I know. Yet, some of them traveled back and forth to Syria for terror training. And, they weren't stopped or even monitored, despite having been reported as having terrorist affiliations. I think the international community, especially the French, should work to mandate immediate change in Belgian security and hold Belgian authorities responsible for doing their jobs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - by HairOfTheDog - 03-25-2016, 12:26 AM