Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(03-25-2016, 05:21 AM)Duchess Wrote: I used to creep on terrorists. I couldn't always understand what they were posting because I don't read Arabic but during those times that I could understand I saw that they were often confronted by Westerners for murdering innocents. Without fail their defense was always that Americans never cared where their bombs were dropped and plenty of their innocents were killed too. They have a point. I am not defending terrorists, I am simply understanding that single point.

I remember when you were on the jihadist troll. hah

I don't defend or validate terrorists either. But, I don't think it's difficult to understand how the founders of ISIS attracted so many Muslim pledges in Iraq.

Some of them were smart and savvy men who were caged in the desert for years in harsh prison camps for supporting Iraq's leader, Saddam Hussein. The country had been invaded by the U.S. Tens of thousands of Muslims were killed by U.S. forces and western allies. All of it was motivated by U.S. claims that Saddam Hussein had aided and abetted the 911 terrorists and that Hussein was violating international laws and treaties by stockpiling WMDs -- both of those claims we now know were false.

So, the fact that those Saddam loyalists and thousands of affected Muslims in the country were pissed off and wanted revenge is not difficult to fathom. Along with a revenge motive came a greed and power motive pushed by a fundamentalist and radical interpretation of Islam. "See, Sunni Muslims, they're persecuting us and killing us without cause -- it's a virtual Holy War -- it's your duty and glorious honor to fight as Sunni Muslims against the infidels (which happens to include those damned Shiite Muslims too)!!"

Westerners taking the internet propaganda bait, converting, joining ISIS, traveling to Syria to fight with ISIS and other Islamic terror groups..............probably have different underlying motives, for the most part. I think many of them were likely fucking nuts to begin with and adopted a cause that invited them in and fit their personal needs. The domestic converts/terrorists are by far a bigger threat to citizens living in the U.S. than Middle Eastern and Northern African terrorists sneaking in, given our geographic distance and our security processes Those are my observations and opinions anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - by HairOfTheDog - 03-25-2016, 11:44 AM