Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(03-26-2016, 06:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 05:24 PM)sally Wrote: That's just the truth, it has nothing to do with being a Trump supporter. Their culture and way of life is primitive and going over there and trying to change it didn't work out too well, did it?

Of course it didn't work out well that we invaded another country (one where politics happens to be religion-based) on the false premise that they conspired to kill 3,000 of our citizens, then killed hundreds of thousands of their citizens, executed their leader and imprisoned his supporters, and backed a new leader who was more beholden to Iran than to the people of Iraq.

Just imagine if a Muslim country (or any country) invaded the U.S. like that. We're not tribal or primitive, and we're secular in government, and it sure as hell wouldn't work out here either.

Unwarranted invasion and regime change don't work anywhere, period. That's one reason it's so hard for me to get behind Hillary Clinton; she still beats that defective regime change foreign policy drum.

Anyway, what you and Maggot contend doesn't hold up in full. Maggot's claim is that Muslims are lazy and go wherever it's easiest for them, and then they can't assimilate in the new environment nor respect the government of their host country because they're too tribal or uneducated. In Europe, outside of Portugal, Muslims have not assimilated well overall, that's true. They're in large part segregated in communities with high unemployment and high crime.

But, when you look at the millions of Muslims who've come to the United States and Canada, it's a very different picture. Those Muslims have assimilated quite well overall, most of them work hard and get good educations, and many serve in our military. That's not true of all Muslim immigrants in every U.S. and Canadian city of course, but it's predominantly the case nationally in both countries. That's no less a fact because there are Islamic terrorists wreaking havoc in their homelands and some dipshit western citizens are converting and looking to join them. ( Here's some comparative assimilation data, if you're interested: https://www.manhattan-institute.org/html...-5846.html )

I do worry about taking in tens of thousands of refugees who come out of desperation and displacement, rather than out of a desire to be here though. It's not that I don't feel compassion for them. But, I think stable neighboring countries are more logical destinations and better fits for what will hopefully be temporary shelter and some of the Middle Eastern countries need to step up and do their part in a humanitarian crisis rather than standing back and expecting western countries to do what they won't.

They are not assimilating well in Europe at all, they just blew up some more kids. Citizens can't even walk down certain streets over there without being robbed and beaten because they've formed their own territories. That's what Maggot was talking about and we can't let that happen here, and in some places it's already happening.

Those dumbass westerners that want to join Islamic terrorists also include muslims that are already here and are even more vulnerable. I'm not worried about the old man that came here to make a better life, I'm worried about his son or grandson.

So as you said, taking in thousands of refugees is worrisome and the last I heard that was Trump's feeling also. He suggested a temporary ban until we can get a hold on it and weed them out. I thought that was reasonable. However, I admit to not following everything these assholes say so it's possible Trump took that back and said some stupid shit like the only good muslim is a dead muslim.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - by sally - 03-27-2016, 07:01 PM