Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(03-27-2016, 07:01 PM)sally Wrote: They are not assimilating well in Europe at all, they just blew up some more kids. Citizens can't even walk down certain streets over there without being robbed and beaten because they've formed their own territories. That's what Maggot was talking about and we can't let that happen here, and in some places it's already happening.

Those dumbass westerners that want to join Islamic terrorists also include muslims that are already here and are even more vulnerable. I'm not worried about the old man that came here to make a better life, I'm worried about his son or grandson.

So as you said, taking in thousands of refugees is worrisome and the last I heard that was Trump's feeling also. He suggested a temporary ban until we can get a hold on it and weed them out. I thought that was reasonable. However, I admit to not following everything these assholes say so it's possible Trump took that back and said some stupid shit like the only good muslim is a dead muslim.

Trump's proposal to freeze all Muslims from entering/re-entering the U.S. is an example of targeting all members of religious group for the actions of a few, sally.

Even fourth generation Muslims who live here and go visit family in Malaysia, or Bangladesh, or Jordan, for example, would not be able to get back in for an indefinite period of time, under Trump's proposal. That's stupid and discriminatory, in my opinion.

Trump was responding to the San Bernadino terrorist's Pakistani/Saudi wife when he went way over the top. If he'd instead said that the U.S. should subject immigration applications for new spouses and family members living in terrorist hotbeds to the same wait time and strict screening process as refugees to the U.S., that would have been more reasonable to me (and should absolutely include those coming from our ally Saudi Arabia, which has produced the lion's share of the extremist Islamic terrorists who've attacked us on our own soil to date - but never gets held accountable somehow).

To suggest a freeze on all Muslims entering the U.S. for an undefined period of time, on the other hand, is not reasonable to me at all.

We can agree to disagree and I get your points.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - by HairOfTheDog - 03-27-2016, 08:40 PM