Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(03-29-2016, 04:25 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 04:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 03:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Obama refuses to label it Islamic terror. He's a clown.

What actual part of that don't you get? Why would you want the President of the United States to link an entire religion to radical jihadist? Have you thought about that at all?

By NOT associating it with Islam, it allows all the so-called 'moderate' Muslims off the hook because 'there's no link', when in fact, there IS a link.

Say what you want, the ENTIRE world knows that these evil cowards are butchering people in the name of Allah.

As I said earlier, moderate Muslims need to own this as their problem and do what they can to fix it.

This is what I don't understand, MS.

Muslims in the Middle East have been fighting each other for a very long time for a variety of reasons.

Sometimes the U.S. and other countries intervene and some new Islamic extremist/terrorist groups develop out of it -- like how ISIS developed from Saddam's loyalists imprisoned during our occupation of Iraq. Terrorist groups often use western intervention successfully in their recruiting propaganda. That's just the way it is.

I suspect that there are a lot of factors involved in terrorist ideology and not all of the terrorists have the same motivations -- some may be religious, some financial, some psychological, etc... Tragically, ISIS has done a good job of attracting converts and devotees of very different backgrounds and demographics, from all over the world.

And, I have seen over and over and over......Muslims worldwide denounce ISIS and terrorism. I've seen Muslim countries in the Middle East fighting with us against ISIS in Syria and Iraq for years now. I know that normal Muslims have been killed by the hundreds of thousands, and millions have been forced to flee their homeland, because they refuse to join the radical Islamic extremists.

I don't understand what more you expect 'enlightened and educated' Muslims to do to about the problem, to which they are not contributors, other than condemn and fight and refuse to participate in it. It's not like peaceful Muslims would be smart to walk into war zones or terrorist training camps with a peace pipe and a plan to hold Koran study lessons.

It's kind of analogous to our decades-old problems of gang and gun violence in the U.S., in my view. The government, responsible gun owners, educated and enlightened blacks, LE, community and religious leaders...all have denounced gangs and gang violence for generations. Still, it persists today (and non-gang members living in gang territory often don't snitch either, due to a very real risk of being the next victim).

Messages In This Thread
RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - by HairOfTheDog - 03-29-2016, 06:00 PM