Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(06-28-2016, 05:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It looks like there has been another terrorist attack, this time in Istanbul at their airport. People from inside the airport are telling of three attackers, all carrying guns and explosives wrapped around their bodies. Turkish officials are saying at least 10 dead and dozens wounded. This always seems to change in the initial hours after the attacks so I wouldn't read too much into those numbers right now.:(

I'm just catching up on the news. So terrible. Seems like as ISIS is weakened in Iraq and Syria, they're focusing more on coordinating high profile international attacks and inspiring lone wolves. This seems like their doing, but they still haven't claimed credit, I see.

The death toll rose to 44 on Thursday, 19 of whom were foreign nationals from countries including: Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, China, Iraq, Ukraine and Jordan.

Ninety-four out of 238 wounded men and women still remain in the hospital, recovering from the attack that included firearms and bombs.

The three men who detonated bombs at the bustling airport’s international terminal hailed from Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, a Turkish official said Thursday.

Prime Minister Binali Yildirim has blamed ISIS for the deadly attack, though the group has not claimed responsibility as they have in other bombings.

For years, Turkey’s border with Syria was dubbed the “jihadi highway,” with desperate refugees and hardline militants crossing with relative ease.

Critics slammed the government’s perceived lack of response, warning that Turkey was providing ISIS fighters with a safe harbor, and easy access to supplies and war-torn Syria.

But as Turkey upped the ante by sealing the border and conducting raids on safe houses across the country, ISIS began to lash out.

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/turk...32?section=

Messages In This Thread
RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - by HairOfTheDog - 06-30-2016, 03:30 PM