Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(11-26-2017, 12:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 12:06 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't care if Biggie calls me a liberal

I know you don't, I was just curious.

I've been called that before too and Liberal is always said with a sneer and sometimes used almost as a cuss word. I suppose it doesn't much matter in the scheme of things. I'd rather grow a beard & horns than be associated with the Republican party. In general they are a revolting group of hypocrites.

Maybe Biggie will explain what he means to you.

In my experience, "Fucking Liberal!" is one of those labels that often gets applied loosely and inaccurately by people who insist that their conservative views are true and don't want to hear/discuss other people's views or the facts. It seems like it's surpassed "Fucking Racist!" in that regard.

When used accurately, "liberal' essentially means tolerant and not resistant to change by default. I'm liberal in a lot of ways, but I'm not "a liberal" in terms of how it's tossed around by people who aren't liberal at all.

Usually, I see/hear the label tossed out when conservatives think someone wants to take all their guns, or they're convinced that advocating for equal rights means that THEIR rights are under threat........that kind of shit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - by HairOfTheDog - 11-26-2017, 12:52 PM