Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALBACH?
(01-14-2016, 01:08 PM)Donovan Wrote: Saw an interesting interview with Avery's ex fiancee that paints a whole different picture of him than what was shown in the documentary. Physical abuse, repeated threats on her life if she didn't "make him look good" etc. Guy was clearly no angel, and the doc and trial also left out key info about how he had repeatedly called to request that photographer to come out to his lot, and was basically stalking her.

Not sure it was the same interview, but I read what Jodi told Nancy Grace last night, Donovan.

She is an 'ex', so I consider that she could have ulterior motives. But what she described last night is definitely a very different picture of the relationship and her feelings about the 'alibi call' than was portrayed in the documentary.

The evidence against Avery that was left out of the series is more of an issue, to me. Some of it is important information to the case, like the fact that Avery specifically requested Teresa as the photographer, and the three phone calls MS mentioned upthread from Avery to Teresa on the day she disappeared - two of which made using the *67 feature.

Writing off the cat incident as a "stupid prank" was disingenuous; but that's what was done in the documentary footage. It couldn't have been used at his murder trial, so I'd either have left it out altogether or presented the actual guilty plea to the viewers if I was attempting to put forth an objective documentary. Avery's burglary bond was revoked in 1982 when he was busted on animal cruelty charges for pouring gasoline on the family cat and throwing it into a bonfire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making a Murderer - by Blindgreed1 - 12-31-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Making a Murderer - by QueenBee - 12-31-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Making a Murderer - by ScientistsCanvas - 01-06-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by Midwest Spy - 01-06-2016, 07:13 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by Donovan - 01-06-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by HairOfTheDog - 01-09-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by HairOfTheDog - 01-09-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALBACH? - by HairOfTheDog - 01-14-2016, 01:42 PM
Steven Avery Netflix series - by Pokemon999 - 08-23-2016, 09:32 AM