Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALBACH?
(01-16-2016, 11:21 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 12:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:
Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch Seriously?

To be taken even less seriously than that: Steven Avery's mother, Delores, is telling media that she doesn't think Teresa Halbach is really dead. http://www.people.com/article/steven-ave...ch-is-dead

I feel for Teresa's family. Even if you don't think her murderer(s) are behind bars, or you believe that one or both of the convictions was secured unlawfully, she was brutally murdered and her remains were burned; some intertwined with tire materials used to accelerate the fire. She is most certainly dead and her family is painfully aware of that fact every single day.

For the record, the U.S. has a criminal justice system, not just a legal system. That's what I've said and that's a fact. It's not my system, of course, it's our system -- much of which is called out in our Constitution. People in the U.S. have a right to remain silent. We have protections against unreasonable and unlawful search and seizures. We have a right not to testify and not to incriminate ourselves. We have due process guarantees. We have a right to a jury of our peers, etc... Those rights and guarantees are not in place everywhere in the world.

There's no doubt that the U.S. criminal justice system doesn't always render just results, for many reasons. As I've stated countless times in several threads, I think it needs reform and I understand those who are protesting to that end. I'm glad to see at least parts of it being reformed now, with bi-partisan governmental effort.

I don't try to defend law enforcement officers, attorneys, judges or correction officers in the U.S. criminal justice system who willfully violate people's/suspects' rights or who are otherwise corrupt in their duties; not in this case nor any other. They weaken our system, harm our citizens, and should be held accountable. None of which, however, magically transforms known criminals into choir boys when they get screwed over by corrupt players in the system.
The superior court judge (Kyle Bryson, because you love sources cited so much) that laid it all out for me in a casual conversation disagrees with you HoTD, and while I know you are an expert having read up on a few crimes, I'd like to think he has more experience and knowledge about the subject than you do, so once again we will agree to disagree.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making a Murderer - by Blindgreed1 - 12-31-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Making a Murderer - by QueenBee - 12-31-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Making a Murderer - by ScientistsCanvas - 01-06-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by Midwest Spy - 01-06-2016, 07:13 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by Donovan - 01-06-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by HairOfTheDog - 01-09-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by HairOfTheDog - 01-09-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALBACH? - by Blindgreed1 - 01-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Steven Avery Netflix series - by Pokemon999 - 08-23-2016, 09:32 AM