Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALBACH?
(02-05-2016, 03:53 PM)LytoMe Wrote: So HOTD have you finished the entire series now? Reason I am asking, Skimming through the comments seems your opinions have changed a little. And that would make sense if you watched the entire series.

I did watch it all, LytoMe. I like to binge watch too, but haven't been able to do any of that in recent months. So, I watched it in increments.

Anyway, I still believe that LE probably got the right guy in Avery. I don't lean one way or the other on Dassey. However, those are nothing more than my opinions, and they're not firm ones at that.

I believe that Dassey's confession was gotten using leading and coercive tactics. It should be tossed. And, I think it's likely Teresa's car key was planted in Avery's room. But even if it wasn't, I don't think the two cops who worked the rape case against him should have been anywhere near his home or involved in the Halbach murder investigation.

Steven Avery would have been at the top of my suspect list regardless of his previous proven criminal history (which excludes the wrongful rape conviction) or the fact that he burned a cat alive (which I would not have heard as a juror in the murder trial anyway).

Teresa was never heard from again after heading to Avery's place of business and some of her belongings and her remains were found on his property (I don't think it's reasonable to believe that all of that was planted, but that's just my opinion). And, Avery called Teresa's phone twice the day she disappeared. He's a solid suspect, in my view. Plus, like Midwest Spy, it wouldn't shock me if Avery was bitter about spending years in prison for a crime he didn't commit and decided he was entitled to act on some rape/kill fantasy.

None of which proves beyond reasonable doubt that Avery and Dassey murdered Teresa if one believes that some/all of the evidence against them was tainted. And, I believe some of the evidence may well have been tainted.

So, as I said previously, I wouldn't want to see either of the two men released based on what was presented in the Netflix series alone, nor the fact that they're not mental giants. Plenty of violent criminals are less than intelligent and they can lie like everyone else. I would, however, like to see them get new trials where the unreliable or highly questionable evidence from their first trials is tossed. If those new trials were held in different venues, that would be fine. If anyone can find new evidence to make that happen despite the men's appeals having been exhausted, it's Kathleen Zellner. I hope she succeeds on that front.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making a Murderer - by Blindgreed1 - 12-31-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Making a Murderer - by QueenBee - 12-31-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Making a Murderer - by ScientistsCanvas - 01-06-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by Midwest Spy - 01-06-2016, 07:13 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by Donovan - 01-06-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by HairOfTheDog - 01-09-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by HairOfTheDog - 01-09-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALBACH? - by HairOfTheDog - 02-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Steven Avery Netflix series - by Pokemon999 - 08-23-2016, 09:32 AM