Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management
(01-20-2016, 03:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: No you do not. A child getting shot in a park is much more different than people taking over a government outpost.
A bunch of gangbangers shooting a child in an apartment is not the same either. both use guns only one has shot the gun.
You understand your own understanding correct or not.

What part of my restatement of the views you've posted was wrong?

I don't agree with your minimization of the militia's crimes and your characterization of them as "jokers". They're no better than other criminals committing the same types of crimes anywhere else, in my view.

And, those armed criminal militiamen certainly shouldn't be pursued less aggressively by LEOs than people (kids or otherwise) with undrawn weapons (real or otherwise) in open carry areas where there are no bystander lives endangered when the LEOs approach the scene - no matter what part of the country the encounter occurs. The 'assess and stand back' strategy should be applied equally in all such approaches -- unfortunately it's the opposite of what happened in the city park scenario, which you considered justified.

Anyway, I want rioters and looters in the city (Chicago or Cleveland or NYC...) arrested. I want city gangsters who steal and threaten people arrested. And, I want criminal gang members in the wilderness who steal and deface government property and threaten LEOs arrested too.

If you want to make an apples to apples comparison so that your introduction of Chicago into the equation applies, just put the group of armed protesters making demands of the government in Chicago. Put them in a pay-by-the-hour federal day care building where they're threatening to kill LEOs who try to evict them and stay as long as it takes to get what they want. Make them a group of disgruntled auto parts workers demanding the building be turned into a free city day care center so they can keep more of their incomes, a cause for which they're using media in attempt to recruit other armed protesters to join them and failing because the majority of working parents in and outside of Chicago disagree with their criminal methods.

I'd wanna see LE assess and stand back at the Chicago occupation if there were no bystander lives at risk upon their arrival. I'd wanna see the Chicago occupiers appropriately charged and have those charges aggressively pursued after eviction, even though I sympathize with the cause. If you would instead consider the Chicago occupiers 'jokers' like you do the criminal occupiers in Burns, then again we see things differently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management - by HairOfTheDog - 01-20-2016, 05:42 PM