Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management
(01-23-2016, 05:47 PM)Cutz Wrote: Let me rephrase.

Why is the American taxpayer paying for HBO at a park ranger station?

Having worked for the US Forest Service, I might have a clue. Very often you have to ask personnel to be on TDY status. This causes hardships for families, the employee, etc.....to provide amenities is to offset disadvantages so that they can retain qualified employees and aren't subjected to the revolving door of employees leaving because of work environment. Although the National Park Service is a separate entity, their employment practices are similar to US Forest Service. This would include work stations in remote areas, e.g, fire towers, etc. Very often you work in isolation....another comparison is the way firefighters maintain a home like work environment so that when they pull several days of duty, they are comfortable, can watch TV, movies, cook, etc.....

Ummm.....if you consider HBO a luxury, that is O.K., but I cancelled premium channels years ago because you are lucky to get one new movie a month....they are mostly old movies. Direct TV has free previews every few weeks so if there is a new movie among them, that is so exciting. Well, they are never new, but you get my drift. I think if Cable wants to stay in business, they need to add these "premium" channels to basic packages or Netflix will over take them and thus, we will someday see the demise of Cable tv.....IMO, of course.....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management - by blueberryhill - 01-23-2016, 06:49 PM