Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management
(01-23-2016, 07:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 05:47 PM)Cutz Wrote: Let me rephrase.

Why is the American taxpayer paying for HBO at a park ranger station?

It might be one of the reasons that blueberry noted. Or, it might be that one or some of the weekend rangers paid for it themselves, or it came as part of a discount cable package. I don't know.

We just know that one of the employee rooms was able to get HBO, according to one of the occupiers.

Anyway, it doesn't concern me whether it was part of the employee accommodations way out there or if an employee(s) instead chose to pay for it, so I'll let you investigate if you're interested Cutz.

When you mentioned employee might have paid for it, I was reminded of a situation back in the 60's when I was working at a military installation. As you know, Kansas is close to being in middle of U.S. Well, back then, they had this invisible line across the center of US. Any State above the line, no air conditioner in public offices, etc......and, of course, anything below would be provided air conditioners at taxpayer expense.....This base was just above the line in NE Kansas...I had an upstairs office in a renovated old barracks building; it got up to 112 one day when I took a thermostat thingy to work.....I was soaked through by noon and sometimes took a change of clothes if humidity was high. I took my first 3 paychecks and purchased a window unit.....boy, what a difference in my work performance....I left air conditioner for my successor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management - by blueberryhill - 01-23-2016, 08:14 PM