Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management
[Image: CZuVcnIUUAAschR.jpg]

Good news that arrests were made with only one casualty. I'm not glad Finicum is dead, but it ended the way he said he wanted it to end for him.

I think LE was smart. The best possibility for a bloodless outcome was probably to arrest the leaders and their bodyguards off the compound, in my opinion. Finicum declared several times that the occupation would never end until the gang's demands were met and that he would die before he was detained. I'm not surprised that he resisted arrest, if that's what happened.

LE let the gang get comfortable; comfortable enough to make the ignorant and arrogant move of putting their leaders and key players on the road, on the same path, at the same time.

The gang was headed to Grant, hungry to drum up support and supporters which they failed to get in the town they invaded and where they were unwanted. The sheriff in Grant sympathized with the Bundys.

The Bundy gang considered the sheriff in Harney county treasonous because he was representing all of the people of the county and working with state and federal LE to end the occupation rather than working for them. They had torn down fences and announced that they were going to open the refuge grounds to grazing later this year; seizing the land, declaring the government and elected officials invalid, messing with the native American artifacts, and taking over by armed force.

This is where those gun laws that criminals don't obey come in handy against criminals anyway. We already know some of the Bundy gang were criminals before the occupation began. If they were felons carrying guns, they can be charged with illegal possession along with the conspiracy charges.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management - by HairOfTheDog - 01-27-2016, 12:51 PM