Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management
I don't understand your reasoning or your calculation, Maggot.

DeLemus got sentenced to 87 months in federal prison, or 7.25 years. He's served 1.25 years already. So, he's got 6 years remaining to be served.

According to my understanding and calculation...........if he was given full good behavior credit for every year of his remaining 6-year sentence (max 54 days per year), that would shave off less than a year (324 days); the earliest he could be back on the street would be 5 years.

In any case, he'll have served several years before he's back on the street. And, when he's released as a convicted felon, he won't be able to unsuccessfully run for law enforcement or political office again. He won't be able to legally own firearms either.

If DeLemus has any sense whatsoever (which is questionable), his years of incarceration and the other serious repercussions will definitely teach him about the stupidity of his criminal actions, like taking the law into his hands, threatening and pointing loaded weapons at government and law enforcement officers and trying to use religion to justify it, intentionally violating firearms laws, changing his story and rescinding previous claims of remorse prior to sentencing, etc.

DeLemus was a major backer of Trump and served on one of his coalitions before he was arrested. His Tea Party supporters say they are going to lobby President Trump and AG Sessions to intervene on DeLemus' behalf (for a pardon, or a lighter sentence). Trump and Sessions take a lot of actions which I think display short-sighted and poor judgment, but I'd be very surprised if they were so ignorant as to put their own political asses on the line for Jerry.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management - by HairOfTheDog - 06-02-2017, 12:43 PM