Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Too Many Deaths
And it never gets easier.

Not to make a downer post, or one of those things where people say RIP, condolences etc etc.

Some of my friends have lost their parents this year. I think we are at that age where this will be happening more and more.

In 2014 I said goodbye to 4 friends or family members who went to the other side. (No I didn't put them to sleep Duchess!)

It was a tough year. 2015 was pretty mild with a friend of mine losing her mom and her mom's significant other in the same year, also a close friend to my mom.

And then this year 2 friends already have lost a parent, one being close neighbors that we grew up with-and who also lost a son-my close friend when I was 14.

In 2014 I lost a friend just before my birthday, a cousin who was also close to my age, a friend from college who burned in a fire and a friend on line.

The family I worked for before coming to the mountains lost their 22 year old son in 2011 when I had just worked for them for just a couple of months. I helped with the cremation arrangements, calling family, whatever they needed.

The owner of the business later became ill. I beileve due to the stress of losing his son. It was a lot more than I could handle and one of the reasons for going away for a while.

I realize I cannot escape death, mine or others. Heck, I have almost become fascinated with it, having another friend who has been given 6 months.

I swear I am not one of those people who seek the dying-or who have a cousin's aunt's mother's neighbor cat who died yesterday. I swear! That is not me!

Death is just part of the life cycle and it happens, lately it is happening quit a bit more than I am used to.

I know others have lost loved ones here, and are in mourning for different things, I feel like a heel sharing about this, but it just hit me tonight as I found out about my friends father yesterday before returning to work, and I don't think it has set in yet.
The older you get the more deaths of people you know happen. The other day I was thinking how lonely it would be to be 98 yrs old and everyone, everyone you know is dead, friends, brothers, sisters, parents and dogs. You look around and you're surrounded by strangers.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The older you get, it seems years turn into months, months into weeks, weeks into days, and days into minutes! So make the most of every minute! (While you can)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I wish I could just live forever with my loved ones. All that going with Jesus to a better place crap doesn't comfort me. Going to hell isn't real comforting either hah.
I may sound like a fruitcake but when I was 8 yrs old I had an out of body experience. Since then death doesn't bother me. I can remember all of it to this day and I think I talked about it once here a few years ago, I'm more afraid of others dying than myself and that's because I'm selfish and don't like the feeling of loss. Mock away bitches!!
(02-03-2016, 03:02 PM)Maggot Wrote: I may sound like a fruitcake but when I was 8 yrs old I had an out of body experience. Since then death doesn't bother me. I can remember all of it to this day and I think I talked about it once here a few years ago, I'm more afraid of others dying than myself and that's because I'm selfish and don't like the feeling of loss. Mock away bitches!!

I had some kind of out of body experience too when I was 11 years old. I almost bled to death and on the way to the hospital my dad said I started going into convulsions and then stopped breathing. The only thing I can recall is that I felt like I was floating out of my body and up into a bright light. Whatever it was it felt very peaceful. But it was probably just my blood pressure plummeting and not Jesus coming for me.
(02-03-2016, 06:45 AM)Maggot Wrote: The older you get the more deaths of people you know happen. The other day I was thinking how lonely it would be to be 98 yrs old and everyone, everyone you know is dead, friends, brothers, sisters, parents and dogs. You look around and you're surrounded by strangers.

I would like to hear your out of body experience.

I was regretting posting this today. And then we had no internet service since late last night and for most of the day today. No one sounds like a fruit cake, or we all are.

What a story Sally!

I imagined being 98 and my brain got stuck.
(02-03-2016, 01:19 AM)Love Child Wrote: I feel like a heel sharing about this

Stop that. Some Mockers have shared the death of their spouses, children, siblings, mothers & fathers and friends. We all have death in common. I'm scared shitless of it myself. I used to lose sleep over it. It was awful and it was illogical.

I saw my first dead person when I was 8 yrs. old. It was my grandfather, I have no memory of him other than seeing him in a coffin. I've seen a ton of pix but none really jog my memory. I saw a man die at a rest area in Whitney Point on the way back home one Summer. I was an idiot, completely mindless. I asked my friend why his lips were blue (over & over). Jesus. I see him getting CPR, I know what the hell is going on and I asked that. *face palm*

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
At around 9 or 10, I saw my first dead person who actually got killed right in front of my eyes.

I was walking on the sidewalk to the grocery store on the street corner for my mom to get noodles she needed for the soup she was making. (It was on a main road about 50 feet wide)

Anyway, all of a sudden I see this pickup truck speeding up the road,(Found out the driver had just left a bar 3 blocks down the road) The truck swerves and starts to roll over and over. The guy had his window rolled down, and when the truck turned over for the last time, his head was sticking out of the window just enough to get squashed between the window and the pavement. Needless to say his brains got splattered all over the road. The first LEO on the scene, put a tarp over his head. The End.
I continued on to the store, got the noodles, and went home.( I still remember it today)

I don't talk about death much but, I just lost a very good friend Wednesday night. Long story short. We were out drinking Friday night and he just didn't look or act right. He kinda looked like he had a stroke, but hadn't. Well Saturday he gets rushed to Iowa City, put on life support and never came off it. That's 2 brothers, a father in law and one very good friends I lost in 13 months.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry FU.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Thanks Kitten !
Wow, you're relatively young, blood brothers?
That is shitty FU, sorry to hear that.

Carsman, what state was that in? Just curiuos...
(02-08-2016, 10:50 PM)BigMark Wrote: Wow, you're relatively young, blood brothers?

No .
(02-09-2016, 12:38 AM)Love Child Wrote: That is shitty FU, sorry to hear that.

Carsman, what state was that in? Just curiuos...

LI NY

It was a very similar story in Alaska.
(02-05-2016, 05:58 PM)F.U. Wrote: I don't talk about death much but, I just lost a very good friend Wednesday night. Long story short. We were out drinking Friday night and he just didn't look or act right. He kinda looked like he had a stroke, but hadn't. Well Saturday he gets rushed to Iowa City, put on life support and never came off it. That's 2 brothers, a father in law and one very good friends I lost in 13 months.
Sorry for your loss bruthah. At least you had that last Friday night with him though.
Jeabus H Krist, can it just stop!?!? Well found out I lost another friend/co worker and a Brothers father. Plus found out that brother has cancer and time is limited. FUCK. Slow this shit down. Bad part about the loss of the friend/co worker is that the guy was only 50 and died of asbestosis. Now I feel like I had a hand in that because he worked under me when I was foreman at a asbestos removal company.
I'm drawn to the obituaries almost every day and usually once a week I see someone I knew or an acquaintance from my younger years. I don't know why I look and sometimes I regret it. That's the curse of living in the same area that I grew up in I guess.