Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
I think the biggest reason Republicans should be very concerned about Kavanaugh's nomination now is due to the asinine things they've said/done over the last couple of days, which have likely lost them some citizens who were on the fence and/or who didn't believe a bad act at 17 should be given great weight.

Over the last couple of days, I'd be surprised if the issue for a whole lotta people hasn't become as much or more about fairness, process, and Kavanaugh's honesty than it is about what happened 35 years ago, and rightfully so.

--Trump's tweet yesterday targeting Ford for not reporting the alleged assault when it happened showed total ignorance, disrespected Ford, and pissed off a lot of women (not just those on 'the left').

--McConnell publicly stating yesterday that Kavanaugh is going to be approved no matter what Ford has to say clearly confirmed that the Republican senators don't really give a shit about Ford, the vetting process, or what non-evangelical citizens think/want. The evangelicals have McConnell's balls in a vice and are using their voter bloc as a midterm threat.

The evangelicals want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court in the worst possible way because they want Roe V Wade overturned above all else (and held their noses when voting for Trump to get one step closer to that goal).

--Worst of all, in my opinion, a good friend and current adviser of Kavanaugh (Ed Whelan) floated one of those brain-dead conspiracy theories, the type which frequently hooks you, Mags, and FryGuy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-22-2018, 11:08 AM