Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
That's sketchy.  And stupid.  I guess Whelan didn't know that LinkedIn subscribers can see who visits their page.  

Whelan sure didn't do himself or Kavanaugh any favors by creeping Ford on-line and tweeting "the doppelganger did it" theory.  It makes Whelan look like a hypocritical fool who thinks his guy Kavanaugh is guilty.  Derp.

I read that Grassley and company agreed to Ford's request to testify on Thursday and that the hearing will be open to the public.  

Unfortunately, Grassley is refusing to call any named witnesses.  I would like to hear them testify under oath, regardless as to whether that works in Ford's favor or Kavanaugh's favor. It's important context, in my opinion.

Ford reportedly named three other people she remembers being present at the alleged party.  All three of them (including Ford's good friend) told Senate members that they have no recollection of any such party.

Ford's lawyers opposed Grassley's suggestion that the Senate Judiciary Committee hire a female prosecutor to question Ford at the hearing.  There are no female Republican members on the Committee (still).  

I'd rather see the senators question Ford themselves, but I don't think Grassley is gonna cave on that one.  The Republicans know the party's already lost a lot of women and the senators on that committee aren't very astute when it comes to dealing with women's issues and concerns, to put it mildly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-23-2018, 07:07 PM